Keys vs Mori's %
I really wish BHVR would release the usage % for items.. I was thinking about it today and it seems a common misconception among killers is that they "use" mori's because key's are OP.
But realistically speaking, the amount of killers using Mori's far outweigh the amount of keys being used in DBD. In 10 matches today, we came across 3 killers using Ebony Mori's; yet in those 10 same matches, not 1 survivor brought a key.
How can killers complain that keys are too overpowered when a Mori can end a game before it even starts? Most Mori's aren't even used to prevent survivors from using keys. And most keys even when brought, don't even get to be used.
But yet Killers are almost guaranteed to get to use theirs consistently. And they only seem to use them to"Kill the streamer", "Kill the click click'er" and to just be outright toxic at times.
I'm not the only one that agrees, but Mori's (More specifically Ebony's) should be the next thing to be nerfed.
Comments
Mori's bring justice.
I don't have a lot of samples right now, not enough to mean anything, but currently, I am gathering data for the % of all items brought into the Trial. 😁
Justice to what?.. Killers have to equip them before they even know how a match is going to turn out.
The only reason there’s a recent increase in moris is because of Tome 4
When you see a Key you can bet i'll bring a mori. It doesn't have to be a dull or a skeleton key either. If you bring a key your asking for it.
Keys skip one of the survivors main objectives so I don't see whats so wrong with me skipping one of my main objectives either.
I would actually argue the opposite, I see way more keys than I bring Mori's.
The reasoning is simple, Mori's mean I won't be pipping, so for me personally, I have no desire to bring them.
However, survivors have no such drawback, a key allows survivors to achieve their ultimate goal of escape significantly easier, particularly because the generator requirement to open the hatch (usually 2 generators) can be accomplished in the first two mins provided the survivors aren't potatoes.
I also have to announce my Mori at the start of a game, survivors may bring a key (which is hard to see at the loadout screen in the first place) or may find one during a game, usually right after I have setup a good 3-gen and then I just watch their icons switch to escaped, giving me a nice big middle finger in the process.
I would give up Mori's for keys to be removed from the game in a heartbeat, killer is already stressful enough, compensating for a survivor randomly finding a key in a chest mid-game is maddening.
Moris will always be better than keys, cuz a killer has to stake everything in every game. A survivor gets mori'd? Just right into the next game. Killer's stuck there to the end every single time even when they know they're not gonna be able to threaten the survivors any further.
Wish I had your survivors I got 5 keys in a row today tho also you can’t find a Mori mid match and unlike keys there is only 1 variant that gets you all 4 survivors theoretically. Also iridescent hatchets are in much more need of a rework then mories
Personally, i'm fine with keys and moris.