Is it possible to balance this game or fix completely?

I've been playing for a few months at DBD on my Xbox and I never had a fair game. I started playing against rank 1 to 3. Now I am rank 6 in survivor and Killer but I am against rank 1 that destroy the ######### out of me.

Most of the time, when I play survivor, I'm against very strong killers that don't even have good perks and survivors that doesn't' do anything, except waiting for the hatch to spawn. When I play the Killer, I'm against toxic survivors that repairs the Generators in a matter of seconds or looping and dodging me in every way possible using dead hard through my killer's body and then sending me messages provoking me. Maybe I'm just no lucky at video games.

But this game is random. It's not about luck. That offering of 'Increase luck' is absolute bullshit, just like the lunge of every killer in the game, mainly the new tumorous one; the Deathslinger––who can hit you from twenty meters with his weapon and from 5meters with his bayonet. What is the point of doing this kind of killers? Where is the fun? How are new player suppose to beat the pros playing thise killers

The hit-boxes are so random and completely stupid. I've been hit god knows how many times through a pallet that dropped on the killers weapon or a meter from the window. It may be a connection or network problem, but I am the only one complaining about these problems.

Every time I play against a killer, it destroys me in every loop and finds every time by gaining an imaginable amount of speed. Of course, it makes me want to try the killer with the Splinters (Oh no right, they removed these because the creator are ######### retarted) or the stupid option of the 'Pay to Win'. It is sad that to win a game, to be stronger, you have to pay money. And for what? For a ######### killer that is going to suck once you try it because the game is broken. But the real problem is that when I play the killer, the survivor seem way faster than I am without even using sprint burst. Again, maybe it's my connection but at the same time, many people complain about these issues too.

Now, I understand that it is difficult to balance this game, which is a great asymmetric game idea, but it looks like the creator are just lazy monkeys that destroys the game with every updates. They could make this game better, they really could if they wanted to. But no, money first, as always.

Of course all these complains are part of MY opinions. You may say that I'm just bad at this game which can be true because I'm not a pro gamer. But that's the problem. It is such a great game, with a great idea behind it that it can only be fun for the people that pay for the killers and survivors.

Comments

  • @ThanosWasRight

    MATCHMAKING

    • The current matchmaking system of Dead by Daylight is broken, hence why the Devs are excluding it completely and adding a new MMR system that is present in most other games.
    • "Luck" is a Game Mechanic of DBD that increases your chances of kobeing and escaping a Bear Trap, it does not affect the matchmaking in any way.

    DEDICATED SERVERS AND HITBOXES

    • Hitboxes have been broken for some time now but the Devs seem to have realized it and even made a livestream talking about how they are aiming on fixing them.
    • High ping (on one side or both) is an issue that causes a lot of frustration since hits can be registered in quite unfair ways for one side. Dedicated Servers don't collaborate a lot.

    SPLINTERS' REMOVAL And "pay to win"

    Splinters were removed because:

    • The demo mode they offer doesn't quite fit in with today's Dead by Daylight - Buying a Killer with Auric Cells would not prevent that Killer's Splinter from appearing in the player's Bloodweb.
    • They were quite buggy and didn't work most of the time.
    • They were outdated and new licensed Killers could not be included.
    • They increased the Grind in that they occupied one - or sometimes multiple - nodes in a single Bloodweb.

    About the "Pay to win":

    • You don't need to buy DLCs to get to play two of the most viable Killers: Nurse and Billy.
    • Teachable Perks of every Character appear in the Shrine, no matter if they're from DLC Characters or not.
    • Buying Survivors means buying a skin, essentially.

    POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THE KILLER CATCHING YOU MORE EASILY

    • You mentioned "unimaginable amounts of speed". They could be using PWYF or some other speed-increasing Perk or Add-on.
    • You are not hugging the wall while looping or not looping the structure you're in the most optimal way.

    SURVIVORS SEEMING TO RUN "FASTER"

    • If you're playing a 110% Killer it feels like they're running faster. The same applies to shorter Killers.
    • When you're playing Survivor, you'll seem to be walking more slowly than if you were playing Killer against them.
    • The Survivors could be using some speed-increasing Perks too like Hope, Breakout, you name it.

    MY FINAL WORD

    • This game is indeed hard to balance, especially since the Community is quite divided on core issues of the game. Since Survivor players are a majority, the Devs usually balance the game around them.
    • Hitboxes are a problem and this should be acknowledged.
    • Destructive criticism following swearwords doesn't help anyone, so I ask you to be constructive. For instance, write down what you would do to improve the game.
  • I'm sorry for the swearwords and destructive criticism from earlier, but I really like this game and seeing all its flaws, makes me mad sometimes––most of the time––and I wanted to express my vision. But I agree, I wasn't precise enough and I do apologise.

    • When I was referring to a 'Pay to Win', I referred to this particular example; if you want to travel faster in the map, you should buy The Spirit who comes with Haunted Grounds, one of the most dangerous perk for all survivors. Or if you want to hide better, you can buy more camouflaged skins. Many times I have been fooled by a skin that camouflaged in a bush for example. But again, it might be my lack of experience or gaming skills.

    About the speed:

    I wasn't precise enough and I do apologise for this lack of precision. (Acknowledge that I just arrived in this forum and I was pretty upset when I wrote my first comment). I wanted to focus on the new killer's speed movement; they are way too fast, almost impossible to loop or evade from. And this goes for his lunge as well, which is exaggerated.

    When it comes to survivors escaping in loops, it is quite frustrating because when I injure them, they walk as fast their healthy state. Maybe I see this way because I am bit paranoid, but I have experienced so many phasing survivors or even injured survivors looping me for minutes. But at the same time I play against Rank 1 and it is very difficult to even catch one with their 360° and Dead Hard.

    Yes, this game is difficult to balance and what would I do to improve it would be this:

    • Slithy decrease the lunge of Killers (mainly the New one: The Death-slinger). It could be renewed in this way; if all generators are still uncompleted, the lunge of the Killer is shorter. If three generators are repaired, the lunge begins to increase and when all generator are completed, the usual long lunge takes action.
    • Of course, try to fix hit-boxes.
    • Create a fair, matched, matchmaking respecting the ranks. And create a special matchmaking for the new players, giving them a chance to play against other new players and not against Rank 1 and professionals.
    • Camping should remove Bloodpoints. It could work this way; If the Killers stays more than 30 seconds within 10 meters of the hooked survivor, The Killer starts loosing bloodpoints for Camping. (This is just an Idea for better balance)
    • The exposed status effect should last less. When it comes to killers such as The Shape or The Canibal who can insta-down survivors in a matter of seconds, survivor have almost 0% chance of escaping. It should definitely be nerfed; last less time, or, can be used only when a certain amount of generators are completed.
    • Nerf the phasing technique by using Dead Hard toward the Killer. Lately, I have been attacking injured survivors with my basic attack and I could see my blade slashing through the survivor's body, but he used dead hard through my body at the same time, resulting him to evade my attack and gaining distance behind me.
    • Nerf Dying Light. This perk can seem very useful, but only if you play against new players or survivors that doesn't understand the meaning of 'The Obsession' status. Because it gives 33% speed in healing to a survivor and only 3% penalty to the other for each hook, and if the obsession dies, this perk is useless. So, I would advise to change it back to what it was before.
    • Hex Totems. These are the worst, yet the best perks a killer can have, but only if the related totem is well hidden. I have played with Hex Ruin lately and at every game, my totem was lying completely out in the air, visible for everyone. Of course it resulted in a survivor breaking it after one minute of gameplay. What would I recommend to do about these Hex perks, would be to make this related totem way harder to find during the game. For example; putting it in the basement, behind bushes (big ones), near the killer spawn, or maybe even add hard skills-checks to the flamed totem and give more blood-points for cleansing it.
    • Undetected status for killers and The Pig. This status should be nerfed on the Pig, because not only she puts traps on dying survivors, but she can crouch and dash attack from distance. All it takes, is exposed and slowing generator perks too makes this Killers a nightmare. It can be fun i agree, but again with the matchmaking system, this build may disconnect many high ranked survivors.
    • Fix slow menus on console. When I'm in the game's menu, everything is slow and laggy compare to what PC menus are.
    • Try to find a balance between Generator speed repairing and rushing gens. All it takes, is a Killer chasing an expert looper for one minute and three gens are done. They could add a perk or HEX perk that makes a generator being repaired by two or more survivors suffer from a penalty of X % = could be called: Wrong Mechanic, coming alongside a new killer who can be unlocked through challenges in the archive, rather than from someone's credit's card.
    • More blood-points should be awarded to the gamers; Survivors and killers. I once played a game with The Shape, hooking every survivor in the basement after they had done three gens and all I had, was 13K blood-points, sacrifice offering included. It should be acknowledged that the amount of bloodpoint should be higher and the offering of Map choosing in the blood web should be less expensive; they are not that great.

    These are some of my recommendations and advises for the moment, of course not everything is perfect but it doesn't hurt to take a look at them.

  • @ThanosWasRight said:

    I'm sorry for the swearwords and destructive criticism from earlier, but I really like this game and seeing all its flaws, makes me mad sometimes––most of the time––and I wanted to express my vision. But I agree, I wasn't precise enough and I do apologise.

    • When I was referring to a 'Pay to Win', I referred to this particular example; if you want to travel faster in the map, you should buy The Spirit who comes with Haunted Grounds, one of the most dangerous perk for all survivors. Or if you want to hide better, you can buy more camouflaged skins. Many times I have been fooled by a skin that camouflaged in a bush for example. But again, it might be my lack of experience or gaming skills.

    About the speed:

    I wasn't precise enough and I do apologise for this lack of precision. (Acknowledge that I just arrived in this forum and I was pretty upset when I wrote my first comment). I wanted to focus on the new killer's speed movement; they are way too fast, almost impossible to loop or evade from. And this goes for his lunge as well, which is exaggerated.

    When it comes to survivors escaping in loops, it is quite frustrating because when I injure them, they walk as fast their healthy state. Maybe I see this way because I am bit paranoid, but I have experienced so many phasing survivors or even injured survivors looping me for minutes. But at the same time I play against Rank 1 and it is very difficult to even catch one with their 360° and Dead Hard.

    Yes, this game is difficult to balance and what would I do to improve it would be this:

    • Slithy decrease the lunge of Killers (mainly the New one: The Death-slinger). It could be renewed in this way; if all generators are still uncompleted, the lunge of the Killer is shorter. If three generators are repaired, the lunge begins to increase and when all generator are completed, the usual long lunge takes action.
    • Of course, try to fix hit-boxes.
    • Create a fair, matched, matchmaking respecting the ranks. And create a special matchmaking for the new players, giving them a chance to play against other new players and not against Rank 1 and professionals.
    • Camping should remove Bloodpoints. It could work this way; If the Killers stays more than 30 seconds within 10 meters of the hooked survivor, The Killer starts loosing bloodpoints for Camping. (This is just an Idea for better balance)
    • The exposed status effect should last less. When it comes to killers such as The Shape or The Canibal who can insta-down survivors in a matter of seconds, survivor have almost 0% chance of escaping. It should definitely be nerfed; last less time, or, can be used only when a certain amount of generators are completed.
    • Nerf the phasing technique by using Dead Hard toward the Killer. Lately, I have been attacking injured survivors with my basic attack and I could see my blade slashing through the survivor's body, but he used dead hard through my body at the same time, resulting him to evade my attack and gaining distance behind me.
    • Nerf Dying Light. This perk can seem very useful, but only if you play against new players or survivors that doesn't understand the meaning of 'The Obsession' status. Because it gives 33% speed in healing to a survivor and only 3% penalty to the other for each hook, and if the obsession dies, this perk is useless. So, I would advise to change it back to what it was before.
    • Hex Totems. These are the worst, yet the best perks a killer can have, but only if the related totem is well hidden. I have played with Hex Ruin lately and at every game, my totem was lying completely out in the air, visible for everyone. Of course it resulted in a survivor breaking it after one minute of gameplay. What would I recommend to do about these Hex perks, would be to make this related totem way harder to find during the game. For example; putting it in the basement, behind bushes (big ones), near the killer spawn, or maybe even add hard skills-checks to the flamed totem and give more blood-points for cleansing it.
    • Undetected status for killers and The Pig. This status should be nerfed on the Pig, because not only she puts traps on dying survivors, but she can crouch and dash attack from distance. All it takes, is exposed and slowing generator perks too makes this Killers a nightmare. It can be fun i agree, but again with the matchmaking system, this build may disconnect many high ranked survivors.
    • Fix slow menus on console. When I'm in the game's menu, everything is slow and laggy compare to what PC menus are.
    • Try to find a balance between Generator speed repairing and rushing gens. All it takes, is a Killer chasing an expert looper for one minute and three gens are done. They could add a perk or HEX perk that makes a generator being repaired by two or more survivors suffer from a penalty of X % = could be called: Wrong Mechanic, coming alongside a new killer who can be unlocked through challenges in the archive, rather than from someone's credit's card.
    • More blood-points should be awarded to the gamers; Survivors and killers. I once played a game with The Shape, hooking every survivor in the basement after they had done three gens and all I had, was 13K blood-points, sacrifice offering included. It should be acknowledged that the amount of bloodpoint should be higher and the offering of Map choosing in the blood web should be less expensive; they are not that great.

    These are some of my recommendations and advises for the moment, of course not everything is perfect but it doesn't hurt to take a look at them.

    No worries dude, we all get mad sometimes.

    • Firstly, all Killers' lunges are equal in range, it just feels like 110% have a bigger lunge range because their shift in velocity is greater.
    • I personally can loop the Deathslinger just like the Huntress or any Killer, idk.
    • About the Pay to win: I agree it is true sometimes that Players who buy DLCs are advantaged, but that is not the case most of the time.


    I think you should post this on the Suggestions section of the Forums at https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/suggestions so that the Devs can see your suggestions and hopefully bring them to the game.