What would you have done?
So yesterday I had a game. In my lobby was this meg, I can't recall her name, or really why I felt the need to bring a mori for her. Aslo in this game was a Zarina, David, and Feng
So the game is going on, It gets to a point where I have Zarina on death hook, Feng on first hook, david on first hook and still havent seen this Meg all game. We're down to 2 gens. I end up 2 hook mori'ing the Zarina and 1 hook mori the Feng around this time (she basically took a BT hit and than spammed a locker jump, She wanted to give me the D, so I let her and rewarded her with a 1 hook mori instead of 2).
So were down to David and Meg. I find David as he pops the second to last gen, down him and hook him. honestly expecting the Meg to not even attempt the save. I go looking for her already know where hatch is. She makes the save. So I make my way back over there. I only see the david, so I walk away from him. I dislike tunneling and really only do it if I have to. And to be fair, I wanted this Meg dead more than anything else at this point. As it's been nearly 10 minutes of game time so far and I still haven't even seen her.
So I lead the David to the hatch so he knows where it is at and go on my search for Meg. I spend nearly 4 minutes looking for this Meg (I am guessing david stayed on hatch as a generator didn't pop). I finally catch sight of Meg as she urban evades around a corner and into a sprint burst she goes. However, as the other survivors used most pallets it was a short chase. I down her and hook her. Then I go stand on hatch with David. David goes for the save though, in which I down him (as he has been injured for the last 4 minutes of the game) and the Meg. The Meg DC's at this point and David gets the hatch.
So is it holding the game hostage, if I am choosing to search the game for one survivor? Technically at any point the David or the Meg could have worked on a gen (I would like to point out, at the point I showed the David hatch, none of the gens were worked on for the rest of the match). So not even Meg was working on a generator. I am just not sure, because I could have killed david, closed hatch and risked finding Meg opening a door. Which would have been like 2 minutes, instead I choose to gave the hatch to david to get the survivor I never saw. Or were they holding the game hostage by not working on generators. Or was no one holding the game hostage?
EDIT: To be clear, I am not talking about "holding the game hostage" as a reportable offense, because I know none of us could be reported for this. At any point any of us could have ended the game. I am more asking, do you think any of our choices were the right or wrong ones? Should I have killed the David and risked the meg's escape. Should the david gave up a free hatch and risked his death? Should the Meg have done anything, literally?
Comments
No one was holding the game hostage, based on what you were describing.
No one is holding the game hostage there, that's just normal strategic gameplay. Why do you ask? Did someone accuse you of holding the game hostage or something?
@TAG @Fibijean I've updated the post as I feel like the question I was asking was rather misleading in context. I am asking less about being reported or more about being fair. I know I couldn't get reported as at any point I could have killed the david, or the david or meg could have worked on the last gen.
I am more curious what others would do. I am going to change my title to clearly identify this too.
Well, I think every decision that was made was totally up to the people involved and perfectly understandable, even if they're not all the decisions I personally would have made. It was reasonable for you to let David go, considering your aversion to tunnelling. It was reasonable, though somewhat cowardly, for neither of them to work on generators knowing that you were probably patrolling looking for them.
If you want to know what I would have done, it would depend if I were feeling nice. If I were trying to win, I probably would have tunnelled David if I couldn't find Meg, hooked him as close to the hatch as possible, closed it and killed her. That's the best strategic play. If I wanted to let David go, I might have downed him and used him as bait to find Meg, although that carries the risk that he will bleed out before I find her. In either of their positions, I probably wouldn't have done generators unless I was certain the other person was being chased, or I wasn't worried about escaping. In David's position regarding the hatch escape, again I would only go for the save if I didn't care too much whether I escaped or not.
Basically, what happened in that game was a mix of "nice" choices and strategically sound choices, and whether I would have made the same ones would depend on how determined I was to complete my objective at the cost of others' fun.
Considering meg could have worked on a gen that entire time instead of urban evading to find the hatch, no, you weren’t holding the game hostage. We have an immersed gamer on our hands.
That’s not holding the game hostage. What is holding the game hostage is what happened to me last night. It was down to me an one other person and the other person got sick of being tunneled and went AFK, just standing in place in the front door of the saloon until crows appeared. The Freddy wouldn’t kill her and kept looking for me. I kept out of sight jumping from locker to locker looking for the hatch. I found it but Freddy refused to kill the other player. Eventually he stumbled upon me and I went down with one hit. But then he wouldn’t hook me either. He kept dropping me until I stood up. At that point I went AFK too because I wouldn’t play his bullshit game. Then the other player started moving around and started fixing a generator. Freddy knocked me down, dragged me over to the gen and kept dropping me until I stood at which point I ran away. He quickly knocked me down again. This game went on for 30 minutes at least until he got bored and finally hooked me. I might have considered disconnecting if I wasn’t sure that that’s what he wanted me to do, and I was very determined not to give him anything he wanted and to be able to report him at the end of the match (which I did).