The Peter Principle
Not a fan of the new matchmaking. The Peter Principle states everyone progresses until they reach a level of incompetence. The new ranking system seems designed to always put you in games at the knife's edge of incompetence. While I'm flattered that I play constantly against red ranks 10 spots above my rank it creates a very frustrating game. I like playing a mix of games, I want walks in the parks, tough but winnable, and the occasional game where I am hopelessly outgunned. After watching videos of other players I see my biggest problem is not playing style but game lag, the sort of stuff which other good players complain about. I can't change my lag, I have the highest internet available in my area, so I just play knowing if I get a killer with a good connection I am screwed because they are always 1 to 2 seconds ahead of my game. I don't always want to face the hardest game I can possibly play.
I would love the game to be more balanced. If everyone playing is at the same rank (say for instance all survivors and the killer are rank 8) the killer always scores 5-10k bloodpoints more than the highest survivor, I think this is such a clear sign of imbalance I am perplexed why it never gets addressed. Even the superstar Twitch and Youtuber survivor mains routinely score less than the killer even if they managed to run the killer and escape.
Comments
Also if you watch the games of the killer mains who whine about the game being unfair and survivor heavy they routinely outscore all other players in the game, what they mean is they don't get a 4k everytime they play. If they get 3 kills and one survivor escapes, and scores less than them they complain they lost the match. Their only idea of "winning" is completely dominating the match. They complain the loudest and have the least credible voice but seem to get the game revisions tailored to them.
The ranking system hasn't been changed since 2018, the matchmaking is just bugged at the moment. There is a new system coming, but it hasn't been implemented yet. Also, just to be clear, score (bloodpoints) doesn't have anything to do with either ranking or matchmaking.
Matchmaking is no longer based off of rank but some secret tally based off of gameplay history, correct? You are correct bloodpoints themselves do not effect ranking or matchmaking, except they are based off of how well you played, which determines rank, which determines matchmaking.
I have to thank the developers, I was spending way too much time playing this game. With the new changes I went from an hour or two a day to ten minutes a day max.
They have freed me to explore all the other great PS4 games. Thanks guys!