Dev this is the reason why Deathsligner need a buff
Deathsligner right now is the weaker huntress.
Before i tried to play him,I thought that the different of huntress and Deathsligner is.
1.Huntress can down people quicker than Deathsligner.
Because Huntress has Built-in 20 stacks of STBFL and doesn't need to pull the survivor.
2.Deathsligner can hit people easier than Huntress.
Because Deathsligner can have a quicker shoot like the old tinker Huntress.
But after i try to play him i found the fact is,Huntress can down people way way more faster and hit people way way easier.
WHY?
Because not only Huntress has 20 stack STBFL,the mechanism of Deathsligner is slow as hell,the pull speed is too slow.
And Deathsligner has to reload every time he shoot in a chase.
In other word Deathsligner not only doesn't have built-in 20 stacks STBFL but also has extra punish time for his M2 and if we count pull time in to chasing time,the chasing time is way way too long even if you shoot them twice.
And what make it worse is,he can't hit people easier.
Why ?
Because he can't anti-loop pallet (and sometimes even window).
So even if he required higher level skill(you need to know how to quick shoot or the no aim time can't do anything for you ) he is still can't hit people easier.
Which is ridiculous and make him weaker than Huntress in anyway.
don't give me wrong,I really like this new killer.
the play style is fun and i feel excited everytime I success my quick shoot
But he is too weak right now.
High skill required
110 moving speed.
can't anti loop
no gen pressure ability.
extra punish time for every hit in chasing.
Even if we don't compare him to Huntress.
We compare him to those killer who can hit the first easily Deathsligner is still weak.
The play style of these killer usually is hit and run,but Deathsligner can't do that too due to his 110 move speed and 24 meter terrier radia.
right now you can't find a strategy to play him effectively.
He really need a buff.
Comments
Am.. Am i meant to read this like a poem?
Only read like 1/4 of it before the formatting annoyed me. It's all over the place and jumps directly from one point to the next with no explanations
sorry for my English ability.
I edit it now it should be a little bit better.
I really don't think he's too bad. I got the achievement for a merciless victory in the first match i ever played as him with only brown add-ons. I find him very fun and it's super easy to prevent looping with him. I don't see how you or other people think he's bad simply because you're not handed the insta-down on hitting a shot? This killer is probably mid-tier as is maybe even upper mid-tier. His spear outshines huntress hatchets as there's no need for a wind up.
You said for yourself already, he's probably mid-tier, which is why he's inferior to huntress, which is A or S tier