I think the Rickety Chains addon should affect more events.
First of all, let me start off by saying I’m very happy the “Survivors break free more easily” drawback isn’t very heavily felt by this addon. What little breakage it encourages can be offset by so much as a brown reeling speed addon. However, there is one issue I do take with it.
For those who don’t know what the Rickety Chains are, it’s an addon for the Deathslinger that grants you 50% more bloodpoints when shooting someone, at the cost of the chain being easier to break. Like I said before, the drawback isn’t as bad as one would think; it’s very slight. However, the extra bloodpoints only applies to actually landing a shot and none of the stuff that follows after, which I think is a bit silly. If you’re going to spend an entire addon slot on something that makes your power weaker for the sake of extra bloodpoints, I think it should do a little more than just turn a 200-point scoring event into a 300-point one.
I think the rickety chains should grant 50% more bloodpoints for spearing a Survivor, as well as 50% more bloodpoints for hitting a speared Survivor. Also, I think it should grant double bloodpoints for actively reeling in someone, and and double bloodpoints when a Survivor breaks the chain.
Just a thought. I really do think the drawback is minor enough that this could be a very useful addon for a farming-based build, or if you’re just looking for some extra BP, but it could definitely be better.
Comments