Questions related to lobby queues - challenges and tome.
Hello.
Yesterday I started doing level 4 tome. As I was doing the 12 gen repair challenge I thought to myself "Why are there so many grinding survivor challenges when the lobby queues for a survivor lobby is high as it is?"
You got all these challenges on the survivor side ....repair 12 gens, take 10 protection hits , stun the killer 5 times. Now for me these are not a problem because I can do them rather fast but mid range and low range ranked players are going to struggle so hard. You gonna have matches where you won't stun the killer even once in a match or do one gen in a single trial because the killer might camp you out, the other survivors are trying to do the same repair 12 gen challenge and won't come to the rescue. So you keep players to keep playing survivors to get these challenges done ...more survivors, less killers ...lobby times are very bad as it is.
Second. Will there be any way besides spending shards or buying a character to actually finish the tome? While I understand owning certain perks to finish a challenge and placing those perks in the shrine, I don't understand why players are not allowed to finish the tome without owning a character that you won't use.
I'll give you my quick example. I got all killers that are available with shards (except The Legion). Because I enjoy playing killer, I only got Kate with shards and made her my main survivors and the only survivor I play with unless I got a daily. So I get all perks from other characters from the shrine. This is the case with Jane Romero where I got all her perks from the shrine BUT now I have to spend another 9k just to use her in 4 challenges and have my tome completed.
I made a suggestion regarding this but I also think there could other ways to let everyone finish the tome without spending shards on characters they will never use.
I'm not sure yet about the other ways to do this. Maybe have players who reached level 70 rift and bought the pass have the remaining challenges unlocked? Not sure, just saying.
@Alonzo said:
So as you may know you can not complete the tome without having certain DLC characters (Spirit, Doc, Jane) as you need to play with these characters.
Some of us already have some perks unlocked from the Shrine for some of these characters. For example I have 2 perks from the Shrine that are Jane's.
With that in mind, I would suggest that if you already have a perk, two or three....the character should cost less shards.
For example: Jane is 9000 shards to buy. I have 2 perks from the Shrine, so I spend 4000 shards on her perks as I don't need the character itself because I won't use it. So now if I have 2 perks bought with shards, the character price should be down from 9000 to 5000 shards.
1 character perk owned - 9000 original character price - 7000 character new price
2 character perk owned - 9000 original character price - 5000 character new price
3 character perk owned - 9000 original character price - 3000 character new price
/discuss.
@Black_Fence said:
I was looking at the battle pass which I brought last time around, I was hoping the grind would be a bit less. The problem is I don't have spirit. Seeing as completing all the Tome challenges doesn't get you to max tier if you so much as don't have 1 DLC you basically are not going to reach tier 70.
I think if you do not have a killer you should be able to do a "longer" task on a normal killer. For example if you do not have spirit and cannot do the "Hit after phasing challenge" then you should be able to do a substitute challenge on any killer such as get 16 Iridescent emblems.
I get that BHVR want to milk us for all the money we have in our wallets but I personally will not be buying the new Rift pass because unless:
- Completing all of the challenges unlocks the entire rift (If you do every challenge why aren't all the tiers unlocked?)
- There are substitute challenges or "dailies" where you can earn rift fragments to make up for challenges to can't do if you do not have a DLC character.
At the moment it isn't too bad as you can unlock Spirit and Doc with shards but what happens when the Tome is centred around a licenced killer? Are we expected to buy that on top of the rift pass?
Thank you. /discuss
Comments