Thoughts on keys and mories
So I just read a thread about a some info about mories being nurffed. (Dont worry it was proven false already.) But I was gonna comment on the post but figured I'd just start a new thread so it wont get lost in the shuffle. I was thinking of a way to make that thread more constructive than how it is now so I wanted to give my thoughts on the subject of how to change keys and mories in a positive way. *disclaimer: dont know what the proper way to balance a game I am just spit balling and excuse me for not knowing the proper names of the items or offerings dont play the game much and just associate them by color*
Changes to mories:
Yellow: fine where it is in my opinion. Being the last survivor means you are dead on hook so being mori'd as the last survivor is fine
Green: can mori any one survivor. Mori activates on death hook for that survivor.(I think that needs to be specific because we all have had those survivors that wont go rescue and you got into 2nd state, so saying on death hook makes sense to me rather saying on on 2nd or 3rd hook)
Red: can mori all survivors. Mori activates on death hook for each survivor. (Reference the green mori for the specifics)
Changes to keys
Green: add more time to the key at least as much as the red key this way the green key can be used more for aura reading since it cant open the doors. (Just felt I needed to put something for the green key because green key is bad. Also dont know if its balanced because I dont use any of the keys thus never used any of the aura add ons to know if they are op or not)
Purple key: keep the charges as it is now but now can open the door faster or instantly (not sure on the specifics but similar to using charges from a toolbox on a gen, not the speed but to utilize the charges on the key) and can open the hatch if the killer has already closed it.
Red key: keep the charges as it is now but now can open the door faster or instantly, and can open the hatch if the killer has already closed it. In addition if all four survivors have a red key they can burn all their keys to open the hatch for everyone. ( I only added this last part because red key needs to be stronger than purple and I think charge time wouldn't be enough. And it will help keep that achievement in the game.)
Again I dont know if its balanced or anything. These are just thoughts from a random joe that hasn't even played the game that much in months. I would like to hear thoughts on the subject and please be constructive. We all know both sides are unbalanced. Let's see if the devs can get some ideas.
P.s. please excuse typos or error I'm using my phone and my fingers are to tired to go back and edit
Comments
So you want to buff keys, and nerf moris?
If you make mori only work on death hook then there is literally no point to a mori. at that point it's faster to hook the survivor, so a mori would actually be bad to bring, because it would be slower.
The way you fix moris is the following:
The way you fix keys is the following:
Pretty much same opinion:
Mori's only work on deathhook
Yellow Mori is standard/base, I think this is actually not a bad way to end a match for either side, by a mori.
Keys:
Imo only broken keys should exist.
You can find the other part in the match (rare) or drop your key part for another survivor who then combines it with their part to make a whole key.
This would make an early hatch escape a tad more tricky but not so that its basically removed from the game.
(in general I dont really have an issue with keys, so they escape early, so what?, next game)
Death hook moris would be pointless. Because its slower than hooking and means you don't get perk benefits like BBQ/PGTW/Thrilling/Blood Echo etc.
Yellow Mori should be base kit. Green/Red Mori's can kill people after one hook but only if the entire team has each been hooked, to prevent tunnelling off hook.
Keys should only work for the user and not the team. If someone goes through the hatch, it should immediately close after them. Make it so they can't be found in a match.
it is however pretty cool, I am in favor of offerings not meaning "ez win".
Could reward mori's with more bloodpoints or so