Mori - yes or no?
I play both killer and survivor so I have two different points of views about using a mori.
From the survivor perspective, it’s just not fun at all. Let’s say you’re found pretty much off the bat. You’re most likely going to get downed, with a slight chance of escaping. If you do get hooked, and one of your team mates unhooks you and then you’re tunnelled you’re immediately killed. It’s likely you haven’t had a chance to do any gens or get any saves, therefore you’ll depip. Which you could say ‘just get better at the game’ but I am red ranks and after a long chase with a killer they usually want you dead asap because they’re mad or you have already taken up too much of their time. Also, think of those who are relatively new to the game, it’s harder for them to improve as they have less game time. Now, I know there are a lot of killers who don’t tunnel, and will use their mori after you’ve been hooked twice - but that’s rare. Some killers also only use it once they catch you again later on.
From the killer perspective, all I can really say is it’s fun to kill people easily and quicker. If a certain survivor has been annoying, it’s satisfying to mori them.
By no means am I saying to get rid of them, I just think there should be some sort of counter or they should be slightly nerfed.
My idea would be perhaps each survivor needs to be hooked once before you can start using your mori. Or maybe survivors have to be hooked twice. That would allow for decisive to become a counter against a mori and give you time to get away and escape the killer even if they do tunnel.
You could say borrowed time is a counter which yes, to some extent it is. Killers usually leave you once they see you have BT, however others will still tunnel you so they can use their mori on you. Obviously, you can escape the killer once being hooked and BT being used, again, these times are usually rare. And I am also thinking of the beginners here, who probably won’t escape a chase.
What is everyone’s thoughts?
Comments