This is why Matchmaking hurts the game

F69121EE-46E4-414E-8BBE-4F52DF4F5953.jpeg

Died on first hook because they were crouched around the map ect

Comments

  • I ran into this earlier, except I was going against the rank 3 killer and the other three survivors were all 15 through 20. I immediately knew something was up when they were all hiding and crouching around. No one was working on a gen.

  • I don't understand what happens when people start playing this game. The first thing I learned, admittedly with help from a friend, was to just find a gen and start on it. If you aren't running for your life, do a gen. If you're not cleansing a totem, do a gen. If you're not actually dying in some way, do a gen. If someone else is not actually dying in some way, do a gen (though starting out, that can be difficult and saving people is a thing I'm working on). If the dying person has Kindred and everyone else is running to save them... do a gen. The doors aren't going to magically open because you stayed hid from the killer real good. This isn't hide and seek. It can be intimidating, but you might have to get hit and die. That's what moves the game forward. It's also how you learn how not to get hit and die.

    It can be tough, though. Even playing with rank 20s who are smart and have good game sense, you're with people who don't have the advantages of map knowledge and a full loadout of good, synergizing perks. I don't know what BHVR plans to do with its matchmaking, or if they can even change it without causing serious problems because there aren't enough players of similar rank to warrant matching them together. However, making everyone miserable with the current system, which seems to operate based on a monkey throwing darts at a username chart, isn't effective at keeping players in the game.