Reward: To the Dedicated

Personally, I enjoy DbD being basically a grind fest but...I just wish they could also have something that was a more...how do I say...a more Focused grind? Maybe, a Dedicated grind(?).

I mean, we can earn bloody items for our survivors and killers BUT that was just for spending bp in a specific area. You could have a completely bloody Clown or Nea and literally never played a game with them.

We could earn some event items, but that was for accomplishing a goal in a short time frame. Something that could also be bought.

You can earn some cool cosmetics in the The Rift but again, these things barely require you to focus on something specific or dedicate your time on one character to achieve. By design, DbD doesn’t want you to feel pigeon holed into one character but seems to want to compel you to play the field and get a taste of everything. Probably for the sole purpose of maybe getting you to buy cosmetics for multiple characters or more reason for you to grind and keep you playing.

I’d like to see one more grind option and that would be for those who put the time/effort into mastering one specific character. An I wanted the community to share your ideas on...

  • what would you like to earn?
  • how would you like to earn it?
  • do you think the community would respect it or mock it?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Just to get this rolling. I’d like Killers to get a weapon and a charm. I leave it to the DbD developers to come up with something unique to give them a exclusive feel to them. If they hadn’t already introduced Legacy outfits and hallowed outfits, I would have highly recommend something to that effect. I would ask the killers to sacrifice 5000 survivors to the entity. I dunno how we should reward, tbh, I once killed 1000 or 5000 players for some rainbow stickers on my sniper. It’s not about the reward but the journey for me.

For survivors, I’d suggest a unique item to hold. Like if you escape with David 1000 times, then you can equip a baseball bat. It’s a badge of honor, of sorts, and you could hold it in your free hand. Also feel that perk specific recognition would be fun for survivors. If we could some how reward them for using and mastering a perk and being able to somehow show off your allegiance to a specific perk. Maybe, at the very least, have that perk be some what more vibrant or holographic in the picking perk screen and an optional shirt cosmetic with that perk printed on the back. That way the killer wouldn’t know what to look out for in the lobby but you could show off in game to other survivors or the killer. I’d say keep the formula the same, make it so that you have to escape x amount of times with the perk.

Anyway, post if you wanna contribute~

Comments