I'll be honest DBD isn't fun anymore since I hit higher ranks
This month I decided to try playing solo to see how far I get while not playing SWF. I still managed to hit rank 4 and I was pretty proud of myself. Especially with all the tunneling I get for playing Claudette because "hur dur fucc Blendette that's not even a Blendette because she's in a white top and not even running iron will or quick and quiet". But since hitting red ranks I've had almost no fun in my games. Everything is robotic.
Killers are running iridescent add ons every game. No Pig lets me boop the snoot. Ghostface's don't have fun teabagging survivors or wall leaning as much. I haven't seen a wraith in almost forever or a clown. I can't tell you the last time I saw a hag. Games are predictable. And yes I get it, survivors in this rank gen rush, DS strike to hell. I get killers are trying to slow down games and to do that you have to use a certain formula. I get it. But I miss when I would do something stupid like jumping in a locker and the killer would look at me disappointed asf or when they would shake their heads and be like no or yes while I'm spazzing out on the ground. I just miss laughing while I'm playing.
I'm just saying for me I hate I made is this far and wish I could go back to green ranks and just stay there because that's where I had the most fun. But the ranking system is so stupid idk how to depip (in a full 4 man SWF I don't ruin randoms games) because I double pipped from a game where Myers literally carried me on his shoulder 80% of the match because of my name.
At this point I'm just waiting on rank reset and hope I can just blackpip frequently enough where I don't hit red ranks anymore. This is ass.
Comments
The problem there is that red rank killers try to do their best against red ranks SWF, so, they bring in moris, Iris, insta downs and any kind of tactics to get the 4k, remember the concept of a win for a survivor changes a lot (I escaped, I pipped, 3 men got out, I got lots of BP, etc.), but for a killer, a win is usually a 3k+.
I think (I do not agree with this idea) that most killers believe red ranks are toxic survivors and "gen rush", which is why they "play dirty" (I don't believe there's such concept, every playstyle is valid).
Now, to contrast these, if you ever go against me I'm a rank 1 trapper main, davey jones skin, who doesn't care for gens being done, you're not getting out unless you're a Dwelf or a Christmas sweater Bill cause I let those survivors go every time. I do not camp nor tunnel, I do not care if you bring in a key or 3 toolboxes, the outcome is still the same for me, a 3k+.