Possible Pip Rework?
I have had many discussions with my friends, one who plays both survivor and killer. There's still a lot of kinks to work out, however I think the pipping system should be reworked for both sides. Ranking up for killers can be a difficult task since there are 4 survivors and gen rushing does occur, yet if a killer can pip up from face camping a survivor the survivor shouldn't be penalized bc they didn't have the opportunity to do anything in the match. [And for those that don't see it I was face camped 7 times last night by different killers.. The other survivors did gens while I was hanging on the hook..] I understand it's a game tactic but the hooked survivor should not lose a pip if they had no opportunity to do anything else..
Also I have played swf matches where my friends only did gens or got hooked all three times and they pipped/double pipped from it and I was doing gens, unhooking people, healing them, and would lose only 1 chase and would only break even.
Comments
Also I have played swf matches where my friends only did gens or got hooked all three times and they pipped/double pipped from it and I was doing gens, unhooking people, healing them, and would lose only 1 chase and would only break even.
We need all ins and outs in said scenario. Cause its literally impossible for them to only doing gens. Even getting hooked three times they should've gain some boldness and match going long enough gives them silver unbroken.
And for that to pip/double pip is either = low ranks or They did really well on both Repairing gens and escaping the killer. (not counting altruistic actions cause you didnt mention that)
As for you IF the unhooks were safe you should've gained atleast 1 pip if you were doing everything... well productive also.
The devs are removing ranks soon, meaning pips will soon be completely pointless.
Will there be a way they can pair up those that are more experienced or will it be just random pair ups?
They say that they will be grouping players based on relative skill levels, but they also refuse to say how they will define a player's skill level, or what general outcome they'll consider "acceptable" during a match.