The reasoning behind the recent trend of collecting perk data
1) the only specific statistic we had about perk usage recently Was that ruin was used in 45% of all games
2) there's been no release on perk statistics for either killer or survivor. But seeing as the phrasing of the post made it sound like the percentage ruin was used was a reason as to nerf it, people are trying to mimic that phrasing so that their frustration in the game is adressed
Also side note. I'm currently on my 10th game of taking survivor perk stats and... So far this one comparison stuck out
DS : 20
Lithe : 5
It isn't conclusive data at all yet because the sample size is too low, I'm thinking of going to 25 but.... Remind me again when @Peanits made the statement that lithe had a much higher use than ds. Then again this is on console as well so it might be be diffrent for pc. But I kinda doubt it because there's no difference in playing survivor on pc as their is on console.... Minus console needing a hell of alot of optimization that was promised over two years ago now.
Adrenaline > self care in times seen
Iron will is surprisingly common
Inner strength too
Bond has been used more than prove thyself, which atm I think has an equal usage to Windows of opportunity... But I can't be too sure I'll have to check my notepad
So in the discussion down below can you tell me if I should include games that aren't my own in the data? Because if so I could increase the sample size to something like 50, which atm I can't commit to due to college and coursework
Comments
Taking plain statistics from survivor side doesnt make any sense, as long as you dont separate them for each queue (solo, two-,three-, four-SWF) and each rank. But you dont even know is theyre SWF how organized they are, which also influences perk usage. Even then it doesnt make any sense, due to prestiging characters, which just makes you "must use" other perks. Those statistics you record are useless. Save your time for something useful, like understanding the game and dont be biased.
Didn't they take those stats from all ranks? Meaning It included all those new players and people coming from Free to play weekends where the number of players sky rockets who have no idea what perks are good/bad? If that's the case then of course the results would look odd.
Just think how often you see a match with no obsession, 9 times out of 10 someone is using DS. If I had to guess It'd be the most popular perk in red ranks. I really wish they'd separate stats like this for each colour rank.
Statictically it doesnt matter.
After all, killer doesnt know if he is going against SWF or not, so je has to be ready for every scenario. Statistics let you plan your strategies better, because you onow what is prbablity of something happening
I'm litteraly just taking statistics not preparing to fight a second cold War jesus chirst.
Statistic you cannot conclude anything from. Theyre basically useless.