Make Your Choice could use a slight rework
Similar to the old Hex: Devour Hope, some killers may find advantage in keeping this perk at tier 1 (40 second exposure and cooldown) instead of tier 3 (60 second exposure and cooldown).
Say, for example, the killer is skilled enough to down the exposed, unhooking survivor within 40 seconds instead of 60. Tier 1 of the perk now has more benefit than tier 3, in that they can down and hook said survivor, and have Make Your Choice cooled down 20 seconds sooner. Perhaps the solution is just to have a 60-second cooldown across all tiers. Unless someone else has another idea.
Comments
I think its fine. I think more top tier players will like the extra time to find and pressure the survivors by getting the Make Your Choice.
While yes, you may be able to get MORE MYC victims, you also have less time to find the victim you want. And usually if you're getting more than one down in succession that would hurt MYC, then you're still in a relatively good spot and you don't really need Make Your Choice to help you out.
I think the original intent was to just avoid having more than one MYC. The effect was just an unintended cooldown, which in turn acts as a timer.
Regardless, there are other perks that would do better for a buff than MYC. Its a decent perk that can find a place in a lot of builds, provided you're good at finding the rescuer.
I'd buff some lesser used, niche, or weaker perks. Like Iron Grasp, or Mad Grit.
I'd argue it does. MYC is in a decent spot, and while yes, you can't have it activate as frequently, you still have a MYC as long as the thing is active.