What is the reasoning for not giving chapter release dates

Not saying it’s wrong or bad, but if it’s their philosophy why?

I can’t think of any other games that day, “we’re releasing an expansion in the next month, but won’t say when.” Some people prefer to clear their evening calendar or even a couple days to play as soon as the new killer comes out.

Doesnt matter to me I work evenings so I play mornings, most people I know are at work so I get free time regardless but like I said I know a lot kid people would prefer to prepare and be more hyped if they had a date.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Basically, it's to avoid disappointment in case something comes up at the last minute that forces them to delay the release. In the past, there have been delays on DLC releases due to problems with things like the certification process for Xbox and PS4, which is outside of the devs' control. In order to avoid making promises they can't keep, they don't like to announce release dates until they can be certain of when the chapter will be ready.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Basically, it's to avoid disappointment in case something comes up at the last minute that forces them to delay the release. In the past, there have been delays on DLC releases due to problems with things like the certification process for Xbox and PS4, which is outside of the devs' control. In order to avoid making promises they can't keep, they don't like to announce release dates until they can be certain of when the chapter will be ready.

    @PacifiedByDaylight said:

    Because they want to avoid "HAHA POSTPONED PRETTY GOOD JOB" reaction

    I get that but if the plan is Tuesday it’s probably cleared already so why wait until Tuesday morning to tell us? I can see not giving a date out weeks in advance but how about a quick tweet

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1131540#Comment_1131540

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1131543#Comment_1131543

    I get that but if the plan is Tuesday it’s probably cleared already so why wait until Tuesday morning to tell us? I can see not giving a date out weeks in advance but how about a quick tweet

    Not necessarily. As I said, there have been times in the past when they've had to push the release back because certification took longer than expected. It's not at all unlikely that they haven't got the go-ahead from Microsoft and/or Sony yet, and they won't announce a release until they have because they like to release on all platforms at the same time.

  • To avoid any misinformation.

    If they say roughly a week, and the days change a little no biggie.

    If they say "this exact day" and it csnt come out for whatever reason, now you've got people yelling and complaining that "omg you said it would be dout today #########".

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    So they wont be forced to release a buggy patch in order to keep a release date.

    :)

    Lol you’re a funny guy