Crows in dying state
Can we please remove crows from the dying state? Beyond recovering, and sometimes crawling to a strategic point, there's nothing else the dying survivor can do (without Unbreakable or No Mither). The killer already has the detection of blood and moans of pain - even if Iron Will is equipped. They are the ones to choose to leave you downed. Please.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Hoping a dev can please review and respond to this request.
Going to bump this, as I just had a match where the killer decided to leave all four survivors slugged for no reason. I even continued to crawl in the dying state (albeit minimally away from where I was strategically positioned), yet still got crows. Why am I not given a fair chance at getting the hatch or bleeding out when the killer does a BM such as this?
I don't believe you're supposed to get crows if you're still crawling while in the dying state. It would be nice if a dev were able to confirm that, but for now, particularly if you have video footage, I'd recommend reporting that as a bug: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you don't travel a far enough distance while crawling in Dying State, you will still get crows. However, I believe Recovering is treated as a survivor action which does not count towards the crows' 'inaction timer' (like with Self Care).
I don't remember the crow timers off the top of my head, but I think it takes roughly half of your bleedout bar for the third crow (which causes the loud noise indicators) to appear. Or maybe it's 90 seconds (still almost half of a bleedout). That's basically the equivalent of recovering as far as you can and still just lying somewhere for like 60 seconds.
Fill out your slug travel book, the crows will stay away.
Fully recovered, crawled to where I want to be... why do I still need to crawl to avoid crows?
They're waiting for you to die so they can eat your flesh, dude.
No survivors please stop begging to make the gsme easier for you its not supposed to be easy.
Because no longer moving is treated the same as "going inactive" just like in any other health state. Survivor's can't just hide in a corner all game without being revealed to the killer eventually, why should the dying state be different?
Really, if you're the last one alive and slugged, then the killer has already won. Without Unbreakable or a very lucky hatch spawn, all you can do is try to bleed out to deny killer their last few hook/sacrifice points. You gain nothing but the smallest morsel of satisfaction from it, and instead just waste 1-4 minutes of your and the killer's time.
If you want to play out the game like that, it's fine. But you'd better be prepared to actually PLAY, even as a slug. Otherwise the game will bring the crows and put the ball back into killer's court so that THEY can progress to their next match faster.
Crows through walls are equally annoying. I'm repairing a gen in a small closet inside a house on Haddonfield. The crows outside are still spooked.
If you hold M1 even with the recovery bar filled, crows will not spawn.
Woah, never heard of this before. Will have to test it out. Thank you sir!