Matchmaking Fixes?
I’m gonna start by saying that I’m an absolutely huge fan of Dead By Daylight. I love the game and it’s definitely my favourite thing to play at the moment. I play on PS4 and I’m trying to play more as a killer, as playing as a survivor has much longer wait times and I prefer to do that with friends.
Lately however, I’ve been having really serious problems with the matchmaking mechanic. I’ve been trying out new killers and learning them, whilst getting matched with toxic survivors who are obscenely overranked compared to me. I spend the games getting pallet looped, body blocked and flashlight ambushed until they all escape. I suffered through this through all 40 levels of playing the Demogorgon and am now suffering much of the same as the clown.
As you can see, a level 15 killer shouldn’t be getting paired with a level 5, 4, 2 and 1... It’s making the game really frustrating to play in all, and I really think that it’s an issue that needs to be looked into. Higher rank means more gameplay time and more wins/losses, and generally speaking indicates a better player. As I said, this isn’t a one off match, it’s becoming regular that I have red and purple players patched with me when I’m not a high level killer.
I understand this can’t be an overnight fix, but I really think it’s worth looking into. If I’m suffering, I’m sure there are a lot of other innocent killers out there who are suffering too!

Comments