Technician buff
With the new chapter there are now a lot of perks that reveal the generator you are working on or just left (Discordance, Surveillance, Thrilling Tremors, Pinhead, Dead Man's Switch etc.) However they are no counters to these like how Distortion counters auras or how Calm Spirit counters screaming.
Therefore, I suggest that Technician should be buffed so that if you're working on a generator it should not reveal its aura even if the killer has one of the above mentioned perks. This would allow you to repair generators without the fear of being revealed and would fit the perks theme of stealthy generator repairs.
A problem I can see happening is that some perks reveal you directly like Pinhead, while others reveal you indirectly like Thrilling Generators (your gens aura is not revealed, but every other gen is). So you would have to decide how Technician would interact with perks like these. However I think it's only a small problem.
I would love to hear any feedback. I know the devs are reworking the perk anyways but I thought this might be a neat suggestion.
Comments
I dunno, I would say just make Technician work on a token system like Distortion with a 100% effectiveness for missed skill-checks. Say, 3 tokens, making it so you consume 1 token per missed repair skill-check. That way it would be useful vs Lullaby, Doctor's Madness effect, Unnerving Presence. And also be good for new players who struggle with skill-checks, but not hard carry them for too long. Since, currently, although it's only 30/40/50% success rate, you can have matches where every missed skill-check makes no noise.
I think that would make it not played for the same reason distortion isn't played and that's because it's on a token system.
Three tokens is too little for new survivors and too many for experienced ones. Perks like Lullaby and Unnerving Presence are not used a lot in the current meta anyways.
It seems you think that having no failed skill checks is too powerful but that already happens in high ranked matches and killers don't have problems finding survivors. Technician needs an additional effect besides no missed skill checks otherwise no red ranked survivor is going to bother with the perk as they can hit skill checks. Before Ruin was changed an experienced survivor could hit a great skill check with relative ease so hitting good skill checks is a cinch.
@Cancan71 I don't think no failed skill-checks is too powerful. I said new players who suck at skill-checks could get more use out of a Technician with tokens, as opposed to a randomised chance perk.
And tbh, seeing Technician at high ranks would be very suprising lol as you said, high rank killers don't need notifications to know what gens are being done. But, that being said, Technician already has a secondary function of shorter gen repair audio range by 8m. So giving Technician some love and keeping that second function to it, it'll be used way more, I think.
Current Technician is too unreliable, but it is a good perk and I do like the general idea of it.
I see no problem with having it be permanent 100%. Failing a skill check with technician still reduces the gen progress like normal, it's only the audio and visuals that it removes.
Tbh they could even add "Failing a generator skillcheck only removes half of what it would normally" (ofc wording it diffrently)