Some positivity.
So, I know a lot of the comments on this forum that seem negative are coming from a place of love, because people love this game and they just want it to get better, but sometimes it can become overwhelming constantly seeing posts that are simply complaining. It just comes off like none of us appreciate any of the work the developers etc do for this game, which obviously isn’t the case, because no matter what things could still do with some fine tuning, we’ve had a great game for a few years now and even with its faults, I can’t stop playing. This is the game I’ve been wanting for the longest time. As a massive horror fan, being able to play as or against absolute icons like Michael Myers and Leatherface is just incredible to me. So, I want us to have a thread to bring some light into this (at times) dark forum. Let’s post about some memorable moments that we’ve encountered or just reasons why you keep coming back to this game.
I’ll start:
1. I love having a game that I can play with friends, as this is one of the few games that we all enjoy playing, so it’s great being able to have a good laugh whilst playing together.
2. One of my goals is to get everybody to P3, so having that to work towards keeps me coming back and it also stops the game from getting stale, as even when I do reach that stage, there’s always new killers and survivors on the way.
3. Encountering friendly killers using Iron Maiden, as hearing people constantly screaming from across the map leaves me in stitches and it’s a nice break to have games like that from time to time.
4. CUSTOMISATION. I am a huge fan of this AND I am taking sole credit for keeping this game afloat with how much money I’ve spent making my characters look pretty and shiny. (You’re welcome guys. I don’t really like praise, but I will accept gifts.)
5. Daddy Myers.
6. Hearing Claudette, Jane and Jake get downed, electrocuted or intoxicated. I laugh every single time. Even when I am the one playing as those characters, I just can’t help but chuckle at the noises they make. Kudos to the voice actors. I doubt your intention was to make us laugh, but it’s truly created such a good experience, as it can lessen the tension in a game and make being downed less of an annoyance.
7. Killers having unique abilities. I love that I don’t know what to expect during each match. Do I have to be wary of traps? Can I be one-hit downed? Does the killer have stealth? Are my perks useless against this killer? Is my item useless against this killer? I just love the unpredictability and again, it creates an environment that doesn’t become stale to me.
8. Again, Daddy Myers.
9. Finishing a game with 5 gens left standing. Rare, but so satisfying.
10. Yeeting off a hook to just get knocked straight back down instantly. This would probably annoy most, but me being as weird as I am. Can’t help but laugh when this happens. It’s just so ridiculous in the best way possible.
I could go on and on, as I’ve had a lot of memorable moments in this game, but I don’t want this post to turn into a J. K. Rowling novel.
But, to sum up. I honestly love this game and I am excited to see where it goes in the future. I’ve pretty much been here from the start and I don’t intend to go anywhere anytime soon.
What are some of your best memories / favourite things about the game?
Comments