People are delusional when playing this game

Just finished a match where the survivors had 4 gens done and the killer hadn't gotten a single kill. He had gotten like 3 hooks total, but no kills. As soon as the 4th gen popped the killer started slugging. He got 3 kills that way. I was one of them. No problem. He employed a strategy that works. I was prepared to move on the next match.

But before I get a chance to join a lobby I get a message. This killer is actually taunting me because he won. Telling me I suck and all that jazz. Who knows. Maybe I do suck. But this killer was getting curb stomped until he decided to start slugging. Don't get me wrong.... it's a legit strategy and I don't fault a killer for utilizing it. But if you are getting your derriere handed to you and have to resort to slugging to get kills don't message me afterwards telling me what a great player you are and how much I suck.

I mean if I use a key to escape it's a legal legit strategy, but I'm not going to message the killer afterwards telling them how great I am and how awful they are.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Play on P.C. Keep chat turned off. Problem solved.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1124628#Comment_1124628

    No, I'm one of the types of people who read the post, and saw the way you made snyde remarks about it as if it was a ######### thing to do or they were so bad they had to.

    "have to resort to slugging to get kills"

    As if they cant get kills normally, and have to resort to this.

    Instead of the fact that they played what was dealt at the moment. It's like saying "survivors cant loop and have to resort to healing each other".

    The words themselves arent the issue, the context and implication is.

    I'm sorry if what I says offends you, maybe you shouldnt let things bother you so much? Or not take it so personally?

    I bet you're the kind of person who has to make a witty last remark and try to get someone to agree with you to feel like you're right, right?

    Even though others read what I wrote and understood it completely different you were the only one that was able to use your mind reading skills to delve deeper. I bow in deference to your ability to use words on a screen to read the mind of the person that posted them to know what they really meant. You nailed me. Good job.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I just had somebody message me a few minutes ago calling me trash, despite me having hooked all 4 survivors twice and just barely dodging my attacks on the way to the exit gate after I injured him. If he didn't have one of his buddies body blocking me, he would've been eating those words.

    Humility just isn't as cool as arrogance I guess.

    It is, to anyone who's worth bothering with.

  • It does seem that the majority of toxic messages come from the survivors. I have never seen an "EZ, baby survivor" and yet just yesterday i got something like that from a survivor while playing killer.

    The sad thing is that I am a rank 11 killer and was matched against 2 rank 1's and 2 rank 2's. I didn't even think i did that bad, i hooked everyone for my BBQ stacks, killed one, and two of them escaped with a key while I was closing in on them. Why would someone gloat about that?

    I play both sides and I totally understand why there are not as many people wanting to play killer anymore. It is sad, because I love this game and I don't want to see it die anytime soon.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    It does seem that the majority of toxic messages come from the survivors. I have never seen an "EZ, baby survivor" and yet just yesterday i got something like that from a survivor while playing killer.

    The sad thing is that I am a rank 11 killer and was matched against 2 rank 1's and 2 rank 2's. I didn't even think i did that bad, i hooked everyone for my BBQ stacks, killed one, and two of them escaped with a key while I was closing in on them. Why would someone gloat about that?

    I play both sides and I totally understand why there are not as many people wanting to play killer anymore. It is sad, because I love this game and I don't want to see it die anytime soon.

    I'm a survivor main and I will readily admit that 90% of those that play survivor are either toxic to the game with their attitudes or with their inability to think strategically and likely many are both.

1 2 ›