Level system.

I was bored and had some ideas so I figured I'd share them and see what you thought on the matter

So matchmaking currently goes off of amount of pips/your rank. What if it went off the level of the character you're playing? Like a level 15 P1 Meg, would face a killer who's level P1 20 or under. Of course SWF would cancel it out and it would match them with a killer of their levels' median.

Though of course being the lack of killers I can definitely see it just not working that well. So what are your thoughts?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • As of now, your system would not make much sense I'm afraid. If you're making match-making dependent on a character's level, I can as well have all survivors on P3 Lvl. 50 and an according DbD experience but once a new survivor gets released, I might get matched with a completely new player. That would be quite unfair, wouldn't it be?

  • @Codela said:

    As of now, your system would not make much sense I'm afraid. If you're making match-making dependent on a character's level, I can as well have all survivors on P3 Lvl. 50 and an according DbD experience but once a new survivor gets released, I might get matched with a completely new player. That would be quite unfair, wouldn't it be?

    Not to mention it's very easy to level a character to max without ever having played them.

  • @Fibijean Didn't even think about that, but of course! :)

  • Sounds like twinking in Dark Souls where people wouldn't level up with end game weapons and gear. Resulted in bad sportsmanship and backstabs.