DC Penalty Times?

So, how do the DC penalty times work? I’m sure official numbers haven’t been made public so I’m asking anyone with experience. First DC is 5 minutes. Second is 15 minutes. Third is 30 minutes. I ASSUME next would be 1 hour, then 3 hours, then 6 hours??? But does this timer ever reset and if so, how long does that take? I’m curious because this has happened to me three times in about three days of playing DBD on PS4:

Here I am playing, la-di-di la-di-da, game crashes either semi-beginning or middle of trial. I wait over a minute on a black logo screen to get the end results showing the DC symbol next to both the Killer and I. The other 3 survivors look fine. Back to the main menu to see I now have a DC penalty. I message the Killer and other Survivors and find out the same thing happened to them. They were shown the DC symbol next to their name and Killer’s, yet no one claims to have disconnected, but we’re all being penalized. I truly do believe no one in-game did DC. If I didn’t DC yet the result screen shows that both me and Killer did, this is a obviously some sort of glitch. If the Killer did actually DC, then why does it show I did as well? On top of every other player in my game experiencing the same thing.

Now, these sort of bugs have happened in this game since forever but I only paid it half a mind because I wasn’t really getting penalized for it (albeit the momentary annoyance, loss of possible points, etc.). I was all for the DC penalty when it was announced and applied but… silly me! I thought it would run competently. I’m guessing the system/servers can’t detect the difference between a crash and a manual DC, making this penalty system very faulty for a game that has the potential to crash almost daily.

And no, my internet is great. The router is hard-wired into my PS4 and I pay more than I’m willing to admit on high-speed internet. And no, my PS4 runs well… or… as well as these consoles do. Its storage is only half-full and no other game crashes on me at the same rate as DBD. And great, I’m glad you have over a million hours of game time and this has not once happened to you. Maybe the PS4 shhhhhucks but no, I’m not going to fork over a grand to play this game on a good PC. And yes, I think there should be DC penalties in this game but now it’s at the expense of a faulty system. And perhaps it is a necessary evil. However, I hope they look into this (for like, the forth time) with a closer eye and make it so real-life DCs can be pinpointed better. And yes, people have posted this same complaint. I just want my voice and reasoning heard as well. And yes, I am an unlucky guy – you should watch me play this game!!!

Personally, I never did care as much as yall about the DCs in this game. They are rampant but I never do laugh harder than when a Survivor DCs after I down them once. Or better yet, when the Killer just stops mid-chase for 2 seconds then DCs, even though the chase was only less than a minute. I am grateful when a teammate DCs to let me get hatch. Yay, bye! It does stink but I believe a great way around this would be to reward the Killer much better when a Survivor DCs. If I’m not mistaken, Killer gets like 600 points for a DC??? That’s not good at all. He/She should get all the bells and whistles, as if Killer max-chased that survivor, hooked them 3 times, full sacrifice, etc. Throw the 600 points to all other Survivors for having to carry the full weight. The game isn’t impossible to make points in or win if one Survivor DCs early. Heck, most times, if there are 2 or more Survivors who have disconnected in a trial, Killer feels bad and farms for a few minutes then kills or lets the rest escape. We’re making points. We’re playing the game. We’re loading back into your queue.


So Friday night, first crash gave me 5 minutes.

Saturday afternoon, second crash gave me 15 minutes.

Sunday night, third crash gave me 30 minutes.

Anyone know when/if this resets and what could be next?

I love this game, I always say this, but it’s starting to feel like a giant Jenga tower, swaying around with each hot fix, patch, DLC, game mechanic that’s added. It’s just another brick on the top. And now breakable walls? Eekz.

Comments

1 2 ›