Key is heavily unbalanced.

Hey devs if we could go ahead and remove hatch key or change what it does that would be great. I'm tired of being well on my way to a 3 or 4k and then watching the hatch icon appear out of no where in the in the left corner. I'm a rank 9 and just had 4 red ranks against the ropes only to watch them all escape cause one magically found a key. I think it's a little unbalanced that even though they didn't complete their objective three of them escaped. Two were DOH one was second phase and the other was dead already. So even though I was doing ok at the least I still get punished? Come on devs I love this game but some one needs to start putting some elbow grease into all the unbalanced bs in this game. And of course it's not just the killer side of things. There needs to be some major changes to both sides. Survs shouldn't get punished with NOED because they did well or facecamped and tunneled because they slapped the killer one time. Or even mori'd cause they got hooked once. It all makes for boring unfun games.

Comments

  • @EnderloganYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1119392#Comment_1119392

    many people HAVE pointed out killer issues as well. I'm a killer main personally, and I do think red moris need a nerf. I agreed ruin needed a nerf (not the way the did it but still). the only thing people bring up I don't agree with is Noed nerfs. Killers need nerfs in certain areas. We understand. but survivors do as well.

    Ruin did not need a nerf though. I see more newer survivors and even some more experienced players who have more problems with NOED then RUIN. Ruin was easy to deal with but NOED is one of those that is pure luck. You have to hope that you and your team cleared ALL the totems PLUS 5 gens. When Hex popped up you either work through it or go find it and cleanse it.

    I agree there is many perks on both sides that need reworked and I am sorry if I offended you at all. I will change my last statement to a good percent of killer mains who don't get a full clear get mad and want the survivor perks nerfed. The funny thing is most the perks I read about being OP I almost never see in my survivor teams. Once again I am sorry for being rude.

  • Keys should open and close the hatch for one survivor only to escape.

  • @EnderloganYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1119390#Comment_1119390

    dude I have had many matches where I had everyone 2 hooked, one dead, and the other 3 found hatch in front of me with a key. it really shouldn't be "well the killer is right there but I have a win button and he can't do anything about it soo". 5 seconds isn't long if you get it even with the 5 second penalty good on ya, you were smart and used it away from me. if I'm right there you shouldn't just be allowed to win automatically.

    But all the work it takes to even get the hatch to spawn and then even find it, THEN be able to wrangle up your team unless you are SWF is almost a 1% chance of happening. I have 1000k Hours and never seen this happen yet. I guess maybe it is just my luck but if 3 survivors got out that means they had to do at least 4 gens. That is i mean almost the game over anyway so they earned it. I could understand if they got into the game did two gens and the hatch screamed I AM HERE COME PUT YOUR MEAT IN ME however it is more work than that. I am sorry as a Killer main you have some crappy games but that one match can't account for the MANY others.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118281#Comment_1118281

    You ######### kidding me?

    A killer has to hook each survivor 3 times. For a total of 12 hooks.

    Green Mori bypasses two of these hooks. Requiring, if used, only a mere 10 hooks for a 4k 'win'. That bypasses 1/6 of their objective.

    A key to unlock a hatch, while also bypassing 1/6 of their objective, is not nearly as fair, because unlike the Green Mori, *it activates for EVERYONE in the match, not just for the single survivor*.

    Meaning, a Mori'd survivor can mean the other three can still recover, or do objectives. The Killer has one OFFERING that gives him the chance to do this to all survivors.

    The Survivors have not one, but TWO ITEMS that can open the hatch and instantly win matches for all survivors.

    Don't you even DARE compare a Green Mori to a Purple or Pink Key.

    You tunnel one, Mori them, and the survivors are down far more than just two hooks. That's one less body on gens or performing unhooks. It tilts the game so far in the killer's favor that he'd basically have to afk to lose at that point.

    From a survivor perspective, I hate keys just as badly. Because usually one jerk uses it to leave, it gets closed, and the remaining survivors die to EGC. Remove keys altogether and make moris built in but only usable in death hook.

1 2 3 ›