These Ranks are Running Wild!

I'm unsure of what the original intention was of monthly rank resets, but now that the multiplayer experience is getting effectively enhanced as we speak, I suggest that the ranking system be changed just a tad, to suit all players.

Regardless of disagreements, both killers and survivors alike agree that deranking is already a pretty terrible feeling. Thus, I do not believe that players should not become even more punished simply because they didn't pip fast enough to reach a higher, such as a purple or red, rank. Anyone who has lost a match should be encouraged to try again, including those who did not get the winning streak they wanted. Winning streaks, be they small goals having been completed in game or whole matches where one exits instead of dies, require pips. Pips are NOT easy on either player. It's not that rank resets put people back far - it will never be pleasant to be deranked. But when someone grinds for a month, regardless if it seemed forever for a game dev, that month mattered to the gamer. It was one stepping stone to a better and more challenging experience in the game. It was a short period of time where they played many other things, including dbd, and they wanted to feel like the little they did in such a short time made progress. I suggest the effort we are putting into this game as players be rewarded by longer ranking seasons. At least as long as it takes to release a new chapter.

You as devs have to work on and test killers/survivors to make sure they play well. This takes time. This time is similarly how much time it takes for someone to get good with a character, advance their bloodwebs, and take control of the map with their presence. For some, they have just entered the game and won't pip as fast, and are just learning the ropes. Please, give every player enough time to rack up points, rack up prestige, and rack up experience within their rank brackets before you reset them.

Things were just getting good. People were just learning how to make it up to the green and purple ranks. Putting their progress back every month is not fair. Please make the rank reset periods take longer. Every 3 months would suffice. Some period of time that will allow players to keep improving at a manageable rate while keeping their daily lives churning and their passion for ranking burning, and not a discouraged flame that has decided it's been burning too long without reward.

I would love to continue improving at a green rank. It would take more time. But it would be worth it to play amongst those who I feel I'm leveled appropriately with because I have been putting the time in to be there. I'd prefer this rather than to play at rank 20 just because I took a break and my skills took a rest, but are still sharp.

-A "Rank 20"

Comments