Xbox Dedicated Servers Taken Down

I'm overjoyed that our dedicated servers have been taken offline. They were so unbearable to play on with unstable yellow and red ping, nothing below 170. Whereas with host connections we got 80 green ping. We can actually play the game again. 360's were impossible as killers were just hitting us from so far away, and at times killers and survivors just seemed to teleport from one place to another with no scratch marks. I am fine with them taking all the time they need to get this sorted out.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Apparently it was because there was some error that caused Xbox players to be paired with the wrong servers that were hella far away from them.

  • Yea, they announced the issue was due to it setting you to the wrong servers, an example would be Australian Players were being queued up in the US/UK servers, giving huge pings.

    Hope you enjoy the game without servers while you can, they'll be back soon :P

  • @Seanzu said:

    Yea, they announced the issue was due to it setting you to the wrong servers, an example would be Australian Players were being queued up in the US/UK servers, giving huge pings.

    Hope you enjoy the game without servers while you can, they'll be back soon :P

    Makes sense, I'm Australian and I had a feeling I was being sent to the Singapore server a far amount of the time, due to the terrible ping. But I wasn't aware it was as far as the UK, on the other side of the world. I'm glad they're disabled for now, so I can enjoy the freedom of a host connection, without as many bs hits.

  • I wish PS4 players could be so lucky. These servers are horrid.

  • I prefer the dedicated servers. Green ping every match instead of 1 in every 30 matches. Also never got any NAT issues with dedicated, whereas I would get NAT errors with peer-to-peer despite having an open NAT.

  • @Nos37 said:

    I prefer the dedicated servers. Green ping every match instead of 1 in every 30 matches. Also never got any NAT issues with dedicated, whereas I would get NAT errors with peer-to-peer despite having an open NAT.

    Must've been nice, I live in Australia and couldn't get a ping below 180 on the dedicated servers. I'm thrilled to be back on the host connection again.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Yea, they announced the issue was due to it setting you to the wrong servers, an example would be Australian Players were being queued up in the US/UK servers, giving huge pings.

    Hope you enjoy the game without servers while you can, they'll be back soon :P

    Where was that announcement made? I must have missed it.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1117171#Comment_1117171

    Where was that announcement made? I must have missed it.

    I didn't realise they made an announcement either, just the message about high ping, in-game.