Idea To Rework Cruel Limits:
So my Idea would make it a Token based Perk and completely change the Effect.
If a Generator has been fully repaired you get a Token (Up to 3/4/5)
Every time you vault a window, you lose a token and the window is permanently sealed for the rest of the game.
The aura of the blocked Window is shown to every survivor for the rest of the game.
So this would make it a very strong perk. Its a bit like fire it up from the system but you have to choose which window you want to close.
For survivors they will be able to see blocked windows so they are not unfairly surprised if they run into a closed window.
Also it could be 1/2/3 tokens and still be viable enough i guess, its just 5 generators to to so i thought it might fit better.
What do you think? too strong? unnesessary? a good idea maybe?
Comments
The idea is ok and seems balanced, but I think it could have very unexpected effects on the gameplay.
The problem is that it blocks the window PERMANENTLY, completely disabling the loop for the game and it could change the balance of the area completely. Example: blocking Shack window or god window loop.
I think it would be very interesting to have it in game and see what meta changes it would cause, but it might be either too strong or too weak depending on map layout, rng and other, unexpected factors, so it might turn out difficult to balance
I like using cruel limits but its range should be a lot bigger. On some maps there are generators in open areas with no vaults so when they're completed you get nothing for it.
The light got in and the entity doesn't like it. I better see some windows blocked.
I Agree, but thats what the discussion is for, if you can imagine a game breaking scenario it would be helpful. I thought about that too and so i decided that survivors can permanetly see the blocked window would be needed to compensate for that.
But I cant think of a map where a blocked window that you could see before would be a game changer.
It would also have the killer make a decision to block god windows preemptively or use this perk mid chase to catch some body off guard.