I think they should be earnable on the Archives challenges so the challenges turn from less of a Battle pass grind and more like other games that make you feel like you earned those rewards.
So for example, after completing a Trapper related challenge, you get a new mori for him and if you don't feel like grinding for that challenge no worries! You can go back at anytime to get it.
I think they should be earnable on of the Archives challenges so the challenges turn from less of a Battle pass grind and more like other games that make you feel like you earned those rewards.
Earning them through the archives could be niiice. I would also grind for them if they showed up in the rift for that matter.
I also wouldnt mind, if there were enough mori animations to choose from, to buy them in the store for a price. That way I can debate if I would think its worth the price on not. I do that with the current cosmetics store anyways.
If the mori is sickening I would pay a good price for it and more simple mori's could be on the archives or could be lower in price if they show up in the store. Based on that I couldnt answer the poll because it all depends on the mori itself.
tl;dr: I would pay a price for a mori animation based on how good I think it is. It depends on the animation itself.
earned via the achievements maybe? like "congrats you got the 'Cripple Them All' achievement, here, have a unique trapper mori animation of him putting a bear trap on the survivors head!" or something
making new mori animations would be cool but would also make people use moris more often which im not a big fan of maybe if they make it so you could only mori after the person has been hooked two times
I would pay for mori animations after the following
All the old killers who need a mori touch up receive one (Trapper, Wraith and to an extent Hillbilly) *Mandatory
There is an in-game radial menu that lets you select a mori on the fly so you're not stuck with a single mori animation in the trial. *Highly desirable
More ways to enable mori in game such as making yellow mori basekit *Would make my spent cash not feel like it's only available in niche situations
Should be free because nothing leaves a poor taste in your mouth like seeing more micro transactions being added when there are still huge problems plaguing your game.
If they wanted to charge a fee then I think they should become part of the rift system (maybe a couple free and a couple locked to owners) this would add something more to rift while also not completely isolating people who cannot afford to pay.
Making new Mori's is a super great idea, and I know for one in a game with a similar concept For Honor gets their community super excited when they release new executions and I'd expect new Moris would be treated the same way in DBD.
I would also expect them to work the same way as cosmetics, you can earn a bunch of them but they are a business and likely a few would be premium and cost money. I don't think they're worth anywhere near as much as the premium cosmetics though, because you're not going to be tossing moris out left and right with killers. (At least with how they're balanced right now, if they changed Moris to be an alternative to final hook like some people say they should maybe we'd see them more often) so they're clearly not as valuable.
I probably wouldn't get any if they cost the same as current cosmetics. But for my killer main and other top favorite killers I'd probably pick up some premium Moris up from the store ngl. Otherwise I'd be grinding for them for free like everybody else
Besides, introducing moris for free isn't an entirely bad business idea. You encourage people to buy the DLC that mori belongs to that way, imagine if you got a second Mori instead of the silly reskin of the default skin you get when you buy a DLC. You know how many more DLC sales they'd make??
Also they could expand this system so you could equip multiple moris at once. Number keys aren't being used right now so you could use numbers 1 - 4 to select your mori as killer.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It shouldn't be free, I just wouldn't buy it, I'm not the biggest fan of more mori animations.
I think they should be earnable on the Archives challenges so the challenges turn from less of a Battle pass grind and more like other games that make you feel like you earned those rewards.
So for example, after completing a Trapper related challenge, you get a new mori for him and if you don't feel like grinding for that challenge no worries! You can go back at anytime to get it.
Earning them through the archives could be niiice. I would also grind for them if they showed up in the rift for that matter.
I also wouldnt mind, if there were enough mori animations to choose from, to buy them in the store for a price. That way I can debate if I would think its worth the price on not. I do that with the current cosmetics store anyways.
If the mori is sickening I would pay a good price for it and more simple mori's could be on the archives or could be lower in price if they show up in the store. Based on that I couldnt answer the poll because it all depends on the mori itself.
tl;dr: I would pay a price for a mori animation based on how good I think it is. It depends on the animation itself.
earned via the achievements maybe? like "congrats you got the 'Cripple Them All' achievement, here, have a unique trapper mori animation of him putting a bear trap on the survivors head!" or something
I only do mori if there is a daily ritual for it, I don't want to spend money on something I am not going to use very often.
but i would be willed to pay 30$ if developers could balance the game until next 3-4 months!
making new mori animations would be cool but would also make people use moris more often which im not a big fan of maybe if they make it so you could only mori after the person has been hooked two times
it would need to be a pretty insane mori for me to buy something that i then i have to find something the bloodweb to be able to use
Yeah I gonna wait till other stuff has been fixed before ever giving another € to bhvr.
Nothing, there shouldn't be a Mori and the idea of paying for them is disgusting
I would pay for mori animations after the following
Should be free because nothing leaves a poor taste in your mouth like seeing more micro transactions being added when there are still huge problems plaguing your game.
If they wanted to charge a fee then I think they should become part of the rift system (maybe a couple free and a couple locked to owners) this would add something more to rift while also not completely isolating people who cannot afford to pay.
0.25 take it or leave it
Making new Mori's is a super great idea, and I know for one in a game with a similar concept For Honor gets their community super excited when they release new executions and I'd expect new Moris would be treated the same way in DBD.
I would also expect them to work the same way as cosmetics, you can earn a bunch of them but they are a business and likely a few would be premium and cost money. I don't think they're worth anywhere near as much as the premium cosmetics though, because you're not going to be tossing moris out left and right with killers. (At least with how they're balanced right now, if they changed Moris to be an alternative to final hook like some people say they should maybe we'd see them more often) so they're clearly not as valuable.
I probably wouldn't get any if they cost the same as current cosmetics. But for my killer main and other top favorite killers I'd probably pick up some premium Moris up from the store ngl. Otherwise I'd be grinding for them for free like everybody else
Besides, introducing moris for free isn't an entirely bad business idea. You encourage people to buy the DLC that mori belongs to that way, imagine if you got a second Mori instead of the silly reskin of the default skin you get when you buy a DLC. You know how many more DLC sales they'd make??
Also they could expand this system so you could equip multiple moris at once. Number keys aren't being used right now so you could use numbers 1 - 4 to select your mori as killer.
Moris shouldn't be encouraged.
Depends if the killer can rip the survivors body apart like Mortal Kombat