Technician Idea

This perk can have a max of 5 tokens, which are passively generated. You generate a new token every 20 seconds. . You can press the active ability button while repairing a generator to force a skill check to appear at the expense of a token. Skill checks created by this have a slightly larger bonus zone.

Basically it's a perk that's all about hitting great skill checks. It rewards survivors who can consistently hit great skill checks and lets them complete gens a little faster.

For reference, a great skill check rewards you with 2% bonus progress, which is about 1.6 seconds off the gen at the base repair speed of 1 c/s. This means if you have all 5 tokens saved up and use them right away and hit all 5 great, you'll remove 8 seconds from the gen. Your passive generation will give another 3 during your repairs for a potential 5 seconds off the gen. The perk starts without any tokens because killers struggle with early game pressure so it seems fair to make it so this can't be used right off the bat.

Comments

  • I like this idea. I'd like to suggest a few changes if that's alright.

    1] Allow Skill Checks to be triggered during any Skill Check based action. (Include Healing.)

    2] Change the condition under which you gain Tokens. Passive Tokens have never been done before. (Perhaps, since you aren't guaranteed a Great Skill Check, you could gain Tokens for staying out of the Killer's Terror Radius. It could be an alternative to Stake Out.)

    3] Stake Out gains a Token every 15 seconds. I think your Perk could easily match that or gain Tokens faster because you aren't guaranteed a Great Skill Check.

    4] Being able to force a Skill Check could have great synergy with Autodidact. Maybe that's why you excluded Healing. Just a thought.

  • @List_of_concerns said:

    I like this idea. I'd like to suggest a few changes if that's alright.

    1] Allow Skill Checks to be triggered during any Skill Check based action. (Include Healing.)

    2] Change the condition under which you gain Tokens. Passive Tokens have never been done before. (Perhaps, since you aren't guaranteed a Great Skill Check, you could gain Tokens for staying out of the Killer's Terror Radius. It could be an alternative to Stake Out.)

    3] Stake Out gains a Token every 15 seconds. I think your Perk could easily match that or gain Tokens faster because you aren't guaranteed a Great Skill Check.

    4] Being able to force a Skill Check could have great synergy with Autodidact. Maybe that's why you excluded Healing. Just a thought.

    I excluded healing because of auto didact yes. I think that'd easily be too strong.

    Passive Tokens have not been done before, which all the more reason for them to do it. I like the idea of a perk that passively recharges it's effect but can stack more than one use at a time.

    I think stake out is pretty underpowered. Thats why this has a more powerful recharge. On top of that stake out gurantees greats. My perk just gurantees skill checks, while an interesting combo, they are entirely different effect.


    Edit: The devs also like perks that create active gameplay rather than passive gameplay, which is why my perk is a good way of going about passive tokens. Stake out with passive tokens would be passive gameplay since you just get tokens and then get free greats. While my perk passively creates tokens, all these tokens do is create skill checks, and you must hit greats to truely benefit from this perk, which is active gameplay and also creates risk when it comes to choosing this perk. Do you lose out on a perk slot for potentially faster gens? What if you don't hit very many greats and the perk slot ends up being more of a waste?