Escape-the-trial-Challenges
As of writing this the chapter 3 of the current tome is already released. This is important because right now there are 13 Challenges which combined require you to escape a total of 24 times.
In Chapter 1 there are 2 challenges that require you to escape 3 times total.
In Chapter 2 there are 4 challenges that require you to escape 7 times total.
In Chapter 3 there are 7 challenges that require you to escape 14 times total.
The Devs claim that the game isn't about escaping or surviving, that you can 'win' without escaping. So they don't see escaping as a necessity and don't balance the game in the way that survivors always are able to escape. I get it and I'm all for that. But then it is required to escape for challenges, and a lot at that. The way the amount for escapes always doubles in these 3 chapters i worry that we might be required to escape a total of 28 times in the Chapter 4. Now you might think 'hey but that dosen't sound like a lot, you maybe need to just play more', or 'if you're struggling with that you're just bad'. Now I also want to mention that as you play you're probably constantly ranking up and playing against better and better killers until you reach your plateau were you dont stand a chance against the killer anymore and your ranking up comes to a halt. So if you started this tome you probably played against easier killers and it was easy to escape but as you progress in the tome you also play more and that means you rank up a lot which makes escaping pregressively harder. Meanwhile it is required of you to escape more and more. Also most of these challenges don't just require you to just escape but are connected to a lot of secondary requirement like escaping with a certain character that you maybe just don't have leveled up in an appropriate manner or require you to specifically escape through the hatch or exit gate.
Now why am I writing this. I am just unable to escape any game recently were i need to escape. I finished two challenges in the first chapter with the escaping requirement but since then was just unable to do so in any way. As a survivor player this affects me a lot and genuinely just makes me to not want to play this game anymore, it's that frustrating. Because 99% of the times it feels like it's just not in your power to escape and it's just totally up to the performance of the killer and teammates. I am required to change my normal playstyle a lot and I still can't escape in any way possible and again it's so frustrating not just for me but also for all my friends who are also playing DbD. But there is more. It also affects me a lot as a killer player, because about 2 out of 3 times I have to face 4 man survive-with-friends squads that you just cannot beat in any way possible because they are all playing all the meta perks and playstyles and are abusing the living hell out this game just so they can escape, probably for the challenges because I never had this much of a problem with this before even in higher ranks than I am now. And even when they are not a full survive-with-friends squad, which with their ability to communicate trivialises a big portion of this game, they still try everything and anything just to survive. 'Well but surviving is the goal of the survivor' you might think, and yes that is true, but surviving by abusing any and every single perk and feature this game has to escape just kills the fun as a survivor and as the killer.
Ofcourse there are some ways for me to bypass this problem like purposely downranking to face easier killers again for easier escapes, but these just are unethical and not really the point of the game, plus it just furthers the whole problem of imbalanced matches, because thats unfair for the killer that I then have to face that has no chance to catch me ever. Sadly a lot of survivor players are choosing this path and just add fuel to the fire by doing this.
So anyone else with the same struggle or advice for me how to complete these challenges or am I supposed just to sit and wait and cry and just buy all the missing rift tiers in the end?
Comments