Dead Hard should lose the distance boost

So with all the talk of breakable walls taking skill out of shack recently it got me thinking about Dead Hard. You see some of us like shack because it's strong but it can be mindgamed. It's one of the higher levels of play by DBD standards. A strong loop for survivor but the killer has the opportunity to outsmart his opponent. It's not like a god loop with no mindgame, but it's not a weak pallet.

Some are for the breakable walls while others like myself feel it's one of the better parts of DBD.

This has me thinking about Dead Hard. When used for distance it effectively removes the skill out of the loops. The killer can mindgame and force the survivor to make a mistake but with a quick tap of the E button the survivor gets another try. Shack being one of these areas where even if you outplayed your opponent the distance boost can be enough to make it null and void.

I feel like the game should be encouraging more skillfull plays and rewarding players for experience and knowledge they have gained. Having a mini speed boost on a button press kind of sucks the skill out of it.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've played a loop well, say a jungle gym or shack and the survivor has been granted the window or pallet for free because of Dead Hard.

Couldn't it keep the i-frames but lose the distance? or am I expecting too much?

Comments

  • no disrespect but killers who complain about DH feel like they have 25 hours put into killer gameplay

    dude its the easiest ######### to counter.

    alot of times they dont even get to use it, they die exhausted on the ground. and not always they have the chance to use it for distance

    and most of the times you can bait it easily.

    I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT DH

  • @DrownedFish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1112259#Comment_1112259

    You sink more with every post. Please stop embarrassing yourself. Just admin that you were wrong...

    "Admin that I'm wrong". Ironic saying that I embarrass myself, there, isn't it bud? Especially when you didn't even read further, and don't have the full conversation. Do yourself a favor - if you can't keep up with the conversation, best not stick your nose in. :D

  • Dead hard is fine in my opinion sure can use it for distance but if survivors make it to a really problematic loop I'll leave them be for later they will have to leave that spot eventually maybe they won't but with my luck and in my experience they usually do and I get them anyway so my opinion dead hard barely stalls a chase

  • It would be one of the worst perks in the game without the distance boost, especially since you can't really use it to dodge hits with dedicated servers.

1 2 ›