Change Killer EGC Specific Challenges

This bugged me in last Tome's challenges, and still does in this current one. The fact that there are certain killer challenges that require the criteria to be achieved during the EGC. Now, as a killer player, I hate the feeling that when i'm going for these challenges I am forced to hold back all match to gain them. As far as survivor challenges go, the criteria set for them is stuff that requires no difference or special circumstance to be fulfilled other than typically natural gameplay. Heal, escape, stun, rescue, repair, search etc with no other criteria of 'while the EGC is active' attached. With killer, it is 'sacrifice during EGC'; why is this a thing, I feel handicapped as killer playing for these challenges to hold back so to actually get them. If i'm winning convincingly and slow my pace, the survivors often think I want to farm. If I take it slow off the block I will surely not gain enough momentum to achieve the challenge effectively. It's just seemingly silly to me to add the EGC criteria to challenges since the goal of killer, ideally, is to win before that happens. Is this something you(Devs) consider worth looking into for Tome 3?

Comments

  • I agree. I did the 6 EGC hooks last night and it took forever and forced me to play in a way that was MORE frustrating. Ex: I needed only two more hooks. I could have killed the last two people very easily and ended the match but I let them heal each other and get gens done which is more points for them (but not farm. I just made it difficult for them).

    When they finally did the last gen, I knocked them both down, opened the gate and of COURSE someone had unbreakable and slipped out the hatch. It felt like I wasted not just my time, but theirs for that one hook. (I'm saying it so no one else has to by the way.)

    But I hear other people cry "Just play the game normally and it will happen eventually" or "Do the other challenges and come back to that one". You are correct but that's not how everyone's brain is wired. It's just frustrating (by the way frustration does not = challenging).

    Regardless, it's just the way it goes, but some of us don't like it.

  • Yeah exactly, ultimately you feel like it's toying with them, or letting them walk over you just to let the situation the challenge demands of you take place. It just causes annoyance really. I don't wanna have to let the EGC happen with Blood Warden in play just to get a kill, or down them and open a door etc, just feels out of rhythm with the flow of playing killer. Could just make it a high number of sacrifices or a specific amount in the match. Or a specific amount playing as a certain killer