Nurse blinks

I've been on console trying to learn nurse since I hear she's the meta. I do good sort of. Some 1k, some 3ks here and there. I have one issue. When I blink sometimes I just slowly inch forward like I looked at the ground when I didn't, causing the survivor to get a ton of distance. Or when I charge a blink and let go it just stops in it's tracks like I didn't charge enough to go through the object. Any tips or tricks for me

Comments

  • Regarding how much you need to charge blink is just something that comes with time & experience I don’t remember if she still has it but she use to have an add on that would let you see where you’d land as you were charging up blink. This a good add on for beginners to get an understanding of how her blink charges.



    I wouldn’t recommend maining Nurse on Console though as you generally don’t get as much value out of her kit vs playing her on PC she’s actually considered by most in high ranks on console to be one of the weakest killers and I can tell you from experience that I think that she is. I have yet to encounter a Nurse who can get 2 or more killers in Red Rank since her nerfs.

  • @Star99er said:

    Regarding how much you need to charge blink is just something that comes with time & experience I don’t remember if she still has it but she use to have an add on that would let you see where you’d land as you were charging up blink. This a good add on for beginners to get an understanding of how her blink charges.

    I wouldn’t recommend maining Nurse on Console though as you generally don’t get as much value out of her kit vs playing her on PC she’s actually considered by most in high ranks on console to be one of the weakest killers and I can tell you from experience that I think that she is. I have yet to encounter a Nurse who can get 2 or more killers in Red Rank since her nerfs.

    I would second the suggestion of Nurse on console. I've finally given up with playing killer on console due to the overall poor performance, even on a PS4 pro with an SSD. I feel that you simply don't get the control over any killer that you do on a PC so I'm starting all over again!

    I avoided the Nurse on the console, used another killer to max out her BP to get her perks. I am now, like you playing nurse on the PC. I get anything from no kills through to 4k (sometimes I play well other times its due to the potatoes turning up). I find it the hardest the closer the survivor is to me, particularly loops but its simply going to come down to practice and muscle memory.

    The add-on that shows you where your blinks are landing is Plaid Flannel but I found it more of a hinderance and used it a few times. Don't use add-ons that have any form of a negative effect. Here's a good post for add-ons

    image.png

    I also have found that chasing a single survivor is excellent practice. Don't worry about BP or kills you want to fine tune the blinking and chasing. Also, use the second blink with caution it carries a far harsher penalty for missing, only use it when you pretty sure you can get that hit.

    Good luck.

  • @Trigger_Poison said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103300#Comment_1103300

    I would second the suggestion of Nurse on console. I've finally given up with playing killer on console due to the overall poor performance, even on a PS4 pro with an SSD. I feel that you simply don't get the control over any killer that you do on a PC so I'm starting all over again!

    I avoided the Nurse on the console, used another killer to max out her BP to get her perks. I am now, like you playing nurse on the PC. I get anything from no kills through to 4k (sometimes I play well other times its due to the potatoes turning up). I find it the hardest the closer the survivor is to me, particularly loops but its simply going to come down to practice and muscle memory.

    The add-on that shows you where your blinks are landing is Plaid Flannel but I found it more of a hinderance and used it a few times. Don't use add-ons that have any form of a negative effect. Here's a good post for add-ons

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/856/WACVVBYYYVR1.png

    I also have found that chasing a single survivor is excellent practice. Don't worry about BP or kills you want to fine tune the blinking and chasing. Also, use the second blink with caution it carries a far harsher penalty for missing, only use it when you pretty sure you can get that hit.

    Good luck.

    Ive been playing her alot and I have gotten alot better, before I could barely manage a kill and now it's normal to get 2-3 past few games. My issue is the short distance chases. The closer they are, but not within smacking range. The harder it is for me to get them. Since she's slow so can't catch up, and her blinks don't really support short range blinks. Mostly just hindering you. However if they're a decent bit away I typically win that chase