Item retention and killer addons

So now if survivors escape they get to keep thier items even if they used them up during the match. So when are the killers going to get to keep addons for doing well? Maybe they should get to keep one for every two kills they get, or every two gold emblems?

Comments

  • @Vetrathene said:

    So now if survivors escape they get to keep thier items even if they used them up during the match. So when are the killers going to get to keep addons for doing well? Maybe they should get to keep one for every two kills they get, or every two gold emblems?

    The counterpart to survivor items for killers isn't addons. It's their power. You don't lose your power after every match. Boom, I just balanced your entire world.

  • @Frankie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130785/item-retention-and-killer-addons

    The counterpart to survivor items for killers isn't addons. It's their power. You don't lose your power after every match. Boom, I just balanced your entire world.

    I get what you are trying to say, but items are enhancements to survivors base power of currently being the power role. The addons are a killers enhancements. If one can keep it, so should the other.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1102869#Comment_1102869

    I get what you are trying to say, but items are enhancements to survivors base power of currently being the power role. The addons are a killers enhancements. If one can keep it, so should the other.

    That's not how balance works. Killers lose their items, so do survivors. As a killer main, I'd like to agree with you, but I can't. Killers enhancements are their powers. That's why every killer has a different power.

  • I think survivor add ons are now single use. The update said something like this, except when using Ace in the Hole.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    I think survivor add ons are now single use. The update said something like this, except when using Ace in the Hole.

    Item add ons are now “consumed” after the match. This is in-line with how killer add ons work