Surge and Overcharge have the same name in European Spanish.
So, a little backstory. Spanish is not my native language, but being someone who went to several classes to learn it, I decided to look for some avenues to practice it or at least keep it from going too rusty. I decided a good way for the latter would be to set Dead By Daylight to Spanish, so I had some contact with the language nearly every day. I set it to European Spanish, since most of my learning was done under the tutelage of a woman from Spain.
Fast forward a bit, and I decide to play around with some of my Perks on Demogorgon, and I notice his teachable Surge is called "Sobrecarga" in this version of the game. I find that a bit interesting, since "sobrecarga" literally means "overcharge", and it would make more sense that, well, Overcharge would be given that name. Well, turns out, it was. In the European Spanish translation, both Surge and Overcharge are called "Sobrecarga". They have the exact same name.
Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention, particularly the people in charge of the Spanish translation service; maybe they can dig through the files and rename Surge or "Subida" or something like that.
Pictures for proof:
(Also, fun fact: "The Ghost Face" is referred to as "Ghost Face" in the game. Not "La Cara Fantasma" or even "El Ghost Face", just "Ghost Face". Like he's actually Ghostface from Scream and that's his actual name or something.)


Comments