Balance Ideas for keys

Heyho!

I know many people want a change for keys and I understand why.

I think it is kinda hard to balance around it without making it useless.

So I had the Idea that keys always have a channeling time. You need 5 seconds to open a hatch and the killer can interrupt you. Besides that: a purple key closes instantly after escaping the trial. Just a skeleton key stays open.

Comments

  • Channeling times aren't a bad idea - maybe 5 seconds for Dull and 3 seconds for Skeleton.

    I would say changing it to where keys are only beneficial to 1 Survivor instead of allowing all living and in the vicinity to escape within 30 seconds, would go a long way -- of course that would require retiring or changing the 'All Survivors Escaped Through Hatch' trophy. Or, make Dull Keys close immediately after you like you suggested, and change Skeleton keys to be 15 seconds hatch stays open instead of 30, to reduce their effectiveness but not outright make them useless for multi-escapes.