Please make the "aim dressing" match the hit cone

To whom it may concern,


I feel that the aim dressing as it is referred to should be matched to the hit cone. The reason I feel this is because:

When missing, but inside of that wafer thin zone the camera jerking can cause the killer to hit trees or other terrain.

It also doesn't make sense that the camera would move prior to the cleaning animation.

if the camera jerks towards a character who is juking the killer by performing serpentine double backs on the edge of the cone the killer will rotate 45 degrees which puts the killer at a disadvantage should the killer miss, but register the wafer.

there has been nothing stated as to why the wafer is larger than the hit cone. it would be just as effective if they were the same size if a hit is a hit

when ordering logic it would make more sense for the hit detection (which is ordered first in priority since the thematics are to dress up the hit) to be the same size or larger than the dressing. not the other way around. checking to see if the camera needs to be pulled and then checking to see if the hit happens seems flawed.


---


if there is some other reason as to why the cone is larger that was not discussed in the video please explain.

Comments

  • I second this. I have the experience of having my camera be whipped around (often 180 degrees turns) relatively frequently (it usually happens in batches of 3+ times in a trial and then none for several trials) while still missing attacks, and I feel as if having the aim dressing smaller than the hit detection zone would reduce the lack of control I feel over my own movement.

    Regarding the hit detection zone, I, as killer, have had several instances of "What the ****? That hit the survivor?" across windows and otherwise, including in open areas with no obstacles. This latter part of this comment is to provide support for the counterargument to only survivors think that hits shouldn't have hit. As a survivor, I have never once felt that a swing should have hit me but was surprised it didn't. As a killer, the outrageous hits I get sometimes leads to poor judgement on the whole as to whether I'll hit a survivor from a certain distance or not.