Dedicated servers and DC penalties
I bought this game for ps4 right after it was released back in 2017. The two changes I've wanted most are here and I'm so happy. Many topics about these changes same to be negative, which makes some sense because people are much more likely to complain about something when they have a bad experience rather than praise when they have a good one. So I wanted to balance it out a little bit and leave some positivity and encouragement for the devs.
Since dedicated servers were introduced and it meant killers could no longer DC to rob survivors of their bloodpoints, items, and any ritual or archive progress.. DCing by killers has dropped massively in my experience. It used to occur at least 2 or 3 times every time I played and now it's probably happened 2 or 3 times total since dedicated servers have arrived. That means I can go into every game knowing that I will get something out of my time spent and nobody has the power to snap their fingers and make the past 10, 15, 20 minutes of my life a waste of my time.
The stability of having dedicated servers cannot be overstated. And the fact that survivors and killers have a neutral third party between them makes the game itself so much more fair.
And now, thanks to penalties, survivor DCs have dropped dramatically. I honestly can't remember one time in the past few days a survivor OR killer DCed after the match began. It's wonderful. (And although I've seen it complained about, I haven't seen people suiciding on hook any more frequently than usual)
Oh and, come on, how could anyone not appreciate Trapper being able to reset traps? Yes, you could argue something like that should've been in the game sooner, but it's here now and that deserves recognition.
So thank you devs for all the big and small changes you've made recently (quick shout out to that great Doctor update, btw). I've personally had a much better experience playing DBD with them and it shows to me that you're serious about making the game better rather than simply pumping out new paid content and cosmetics, which some have accused you of. I see a pretty good balance between focus on changes that need to be made and trying to earn money to keep the game going and profitable. Keep up the good work!
Comments
I haven't read the subject, but my system freezes and I am automatically disconnected from the game and I get a penalty from the game. I'm not leaving the game!
I don't know if this is a problem or a mistake right now.