You gotta fix this....

Sitting here at an infinite loading screen right now, it froze....so I have to force close this stupid thing now; but I used a bloody party streamers and had a freeze earlier so now what?

If I close it I am going to get locked out of matchmaking for a while. You guys have got to do something about the loading screen crashes; either fix them or at least apply something that doesn't count disconnects during the loading screen at all or something. That still lets it punish all the abusive disconnects, if someone DC/s because of a mori or whatever so what, I would rather not punish those minor ones than punish people for having legitimate issues- you can still punish the like 90% of actual abusive disconnects that the game doesn't crash during.

Comments

  • So like, I let it sit for like 5 minutes or so and then restarted the game, and no DC penalty at all. I KNOW it counts them because it counted the last one, so I think the timer started right after my game actually froze, so by the time I got back in it was up.

    Still though, if it happens again I am going to get a much longer ban. I lost my BPS isn't that punishment enough?

  • If you close the game during the loading screen by ending the task via task manager or whatever method you choose, you do not get penalized.

  • First game with DC bans I played and my game froze. I waited and it unfroz after about 20 seconds and then kicked me from the game and gave me a DC penalty

  • @geishroy said:

    If you close the game during the loading screen by ending the task via task manager or whatever method you choose, you do not get penalized.

    I was penalized for it the first time so that is not true.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1092280#Comment_1092280

    @MandyTalk Said that it shouldn't count leaving the game (whether intentionally or otherwise) before the game starts.

    If it is, I'd file that up with a bug report or something, because according to Mandy, that's not supposed to happen.

    I had a friend last night tell me they got a penalty from leaving during a loading screen as well.

    It did last night but it didn't this time. It seems wishy washy on it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So like, I let it sit for like 5 minutes or so and then restarted the game, and no DC penalty at all. I KNOW it counts them because it counted the last one, so I think the timer started right after my game actually froze, so by the time I got back in it was up.

    Still though, if it happens again I am going to get a much longer ban. I lost my BPS isn't that punishment enough?

    It’s not meant to count them apparently but this is DBD so ‘m better it does sometimes. Just like sometimes you would lose a pip from them and sometimes not. Or sometimes the game would still start with only 3 people.

    Joke.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1092357#Comment_1092357

    Then yes, I'd definitely report that instance.

    Enough reports may cause them to hit that "kill switch" they mentioned, which if the DC penalty system is punishing people when it definitely shouldn't be doing, then they should totally hit that switch.

    Can't make an omelette without breaking some play... Eh eggs.

  • "we are aware of it and hope to provide an update in the near future"

    *6 months later*

    "we are aware of it and hope to provide an update in the near future"