Can the reveal mechanic of Ghostface be faster if he's closer or a bigger % of his body is showing?

It feels dumb to take 5 seconds to reveal him if he's right behind you with none of his body covered.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • According to the DEVs stream this is more of a latency issue, which is the communication between your console and the server if you´re actually revealing him or not. Revealing him can also be a bit buggy though.

  • No, as far as I know it always takes 1.5 seconds to completely reveal Ghost Face. When they said on stream that it uses the same mechanic as stalking, I believe they were just referring to the fact that you have to be able to see a certain percentage of his torso, he has to be close enough and he can't be too far away from the centre of your screen.

  • @Fibijean said:

    No, as far as I know it always takes 1.5 seconds to completely reveal Ghost Face. When they said on stream that it uses the same mechanic as stalking, I believe they were just referring to the fact that you have to be able to see a certain percentage of his torso, he has to be close enough and he can't be too far away from the centre of your screen.

    I’m not asking if this is a thing, I’m asking if they can make it a thing

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1092822#Comment_1092822

    I’m not asking if this is a thing, I’m asking if they can make it a thing

    Ah, I see. "Can" is a bit of an ambiguous word!

    In that case I would be against the idea. Ghostface is already fairly easy to reveal if you know how the reveal mechanic works. Making it even easier would be a huge nerf to the killer, which he doesn't need.

  • @Joelwino said:

    It feels dumb to take 5 seconds to reveal him if he's right behind you with none of his body covered.

    Or the alternative..be attentive, use your eyes/ears, so you can see/hear him coming. He makes audible noise, and is pretty easy to spot at a distance.