DLC Purchase on Shared PS4

Comments

  • You guys share the same account but he wants to buy on his account?  Do you mean on his console? If that is the case then yeah he can buy it from owb console and it will appear on your console as well since you guys share the same account. However I think both of you guys would benefit better if you had your own account. 
  • Message Deleted

  • DLC should be able to be shared from my experience with the Sharing system in general. Auric Cells will be tied to the profile that purchases them.

  • Message Deleted

  • Message Deleted

  • I think it is tied to the primary account. If i buy anything for fortnite only my account gets it and not my son. He gets all the dlc chapters i bought for DBD but none of my auric cell unlocked clothes. I don't think it will work.

  • Message Deleted

  • When he is playing dbd is he on his own profile? 
  • Message Deleted

  • Yeah he should be able to buy auric cells with out a problem because auric cells is part of in game store. 
  • Message Deleted

  • Sesilaso said:

    @Iceman said:
    Yeah he should be able to buy auric cells with out a problem because auric cells is part of in game store. 

    Ye but the thing is, the in game store tells him "currently unavailable please check again later" and he can only buy them from the PS Store. Is it just a momentary problem with the store?

    I have no idea, I did not know that they was also available in store. I play on Xbox we only have auric cells in the in game store. If he buys the auric cells from the PS store make sure he logged into his profile and not yours so it appears on the right profile. 
  • Sesilaso said:

    ight good to know, what im interested in knowing tho is:
    If he buys the auric cells on his US Account, will he get them?
    Thats all I want to know, of course I wouldn't but would he?

    I dont think so. My son can't uae them.
  • As long as you buy it with the main psn account. So yes
  • The question he is trying to ask is if you buy the Auric cells in the NA account would it still work since the game being used is the EU version? Don't really care if its share able just need to know if it will actually appear in the NA account if bought in it or not since its the EU download version. I tried buying the hat pack DLC to test in the NA account and didn't receive them since I only seem to get them if I buy them from the EU store since its an EU copy of the game,

  • I can answer this the chapter is shareable but the rest (cosmetics and auric cells) aren’t it only works for the primary account. It’s a PlayStation thing trust me it’s weird
  • Sorry for necroing a thread. Me and my friend are account sharing, she already got a dlc I got. If I for example buy auric cell packs directly from store, just like you buy dlc's, will she be able to spend some of them? If her account is set as primary.
  • Let's see if I understood. Your friend has your game but their own account? Is this right?

  • Yes she's playing on her own account because she set my account as primary. It's confusing I know but if you familiar with sharing you will know.
  • @Eveline said:
    Yes she's playing on her own account because she set my account as primary. It's confusing I know but if you familiar with sharing you will know.

    Then if you buy something she wont have it. Different accounts, different progress

  • When I buy dlc she has it tho.
  • @Eveline said:
    When I buy dlc she has it tho.

    That's weird, good for her then

  • It's not. That's how it usually works on ps4. :)
  • @Eveline said:
    It's not. That's how it usually works on ps4. :)

    To me it doesn't for some reason

  • I am game sharing with my friend. He and I have our accounts activated on the others PS4s. When I buy dlc (from the PS Store), my friend gets it too. So the answer to your question is yes.

  • Sesilaso said:

    Hi, I share accounts with another person, he's in the US while I'm in the EU.
    He got the game from my account but wants to buy some DLCs, can he buy them on his account? How about the Auric cell packs?
    Thanks in advance

    Yes he can, but your account needs to have a set up on his end, which I assume you have already done, if your sharing the game, you won’t be able to play the DLC though without changing set the way your devices are set up
  • Shad03 said:

    I am game sharing with my friend. He and I have our accounts activated on the others PS4s. When I buy dlc (from the PS Store), my friend gets it too. So the answer to your question is yes.

    Even auric cells? You tried it?
  • @Eveline said:
    Shad03 said:

    I am game sharing with my friend. He and I have our accounts activated on the others PS4s. When I buy dlc (from the PS Store), my friend gets it too. So the answer to your question is yes.

    Even auric cells? You tried it?

    To my knowledge, I don't think Auric Cells work. I never actually asked either. But I know things like Chapter dlc work.

  • Eveline said:
    Shad03 said:

    I am game sharing with my friend. He and I have our accounts activated on the others PS4s. When I buy dlc (from the PS Store), my friend gets it too. So the answer to your question is yes.

    Even auric cells? You tried it?
    No as they would be linked to the one PS4 account in game, you’d have to be logged in on what ever account has the cells to use them.

    If I buy cells my other account doesn’t have access to those cells
  • I see. Thank you for answering.
  • Is there anyway someone who has my ps4 activated as primary ps4 can use my survivors and clothing or killers that I bought with auric cells?