Notification on PTB snapshots

May I tag you directly @Peanits ? :)

Wanted to ask if it is possible to announce when a PTB snapshot is taken for the next chapter / midchapter. Either on forum or twitch or ingame or wherever you like. I could imagine that it would be a problem as I think it might give away tmi? As the first teaser is normally just a week before PTB release and I think the snapshout is about the same time or a bit earlier.

I'm asking because it would help to save some BP as kickstart for the PTB to not start completely naked and have the possibility to test some builds early. Like one week or a half should be sufficient to build up something. Or might it even be possible to just set everyone's BP to a million after the snapshot?

An argument that might come up: that you want more or less vanilla tests in the beginning, to test the pure basekit as well. But I think everyone can do that easily without problems. Testing builds without BP is not possible. As well, I think 1 million BP isn't enough to reach level 50 either, and most people test killer and survivor. So one of them will be blank anyway and provide enough testing for that. And I for example also like to test some trials with adept perks, no matter if I have builds ready or not. Just to prepare for the adept achievement and see how it works out.

Thoughts about that?

Comments

  • in my opinion survivors and killers should have blocked perkss to trully see and judge power of killer

  • @Mistikus said:

    in my opinion survivors and killers should have blocked perkss to trully see and judge power of killer

    Well, that's one side to test. As I already said. But that's most likely not what you will see in the live release after a few weeks. Noone really plays perkless except just a handful of really strong killers. And if the basekit is fine but gets OP with several builds, you need to rethink. Did you want old Legion come back with Nemesis introduction? This flaw was revealed during Oni PTB