NOED is not a "training wheels" or a "baby killer" perk...NOED is not an issue... Want to debate?

Rank 1 trapper main, Rank 1 Bill Kate and Dwelf mains, Xbox


The game hasn't ended when you repaired 5 gens, the game ends if you escape.

I'm not a NOED user, but, as a rank 1 member of a 4 men red ranks SWF, if you see the killer having trouble against you, he's gonna have NOED, if you're so good at the game you should know he's probably a NOED user, and that's not a noob perk, that's an End Game Strategy perk.

"He didn't have a single hook until the end game, that's a training wheels perk"

My man... did you just say you got owned by a training wheels perk...? Did you just tell me that you managed to fix all gens without getting hooked or barely getting hooked as a SWF and you can't handle a Hex perk...

Now, there are two types of NOED users:

End Game Builders: His build is meant for you to die at the End Game, whatever happens before was extra, NOED is part of his strat, not a baby killer perk

Insurance Perk Builders: This killers use this perk as an insurance to get those Ks, his objective is to KILL YOU, regardless of when the kill happened.

Now, if the Insurance Perk Builder Killer face camped you at the end game after downing you for the first time, ask yourself, "where were my teammates?", "Is a Hex really that hard to find?", "Why didn't y'all comunicate to know how many totems were cleansed?". If you were solo, "why did you risk your escape when the killer probably had NOED?"

Saying NOED is a "training wheels perk" is the same as saying "Adrenaline or DS are a training wheels perks" for survivors to have one last chance with two hits before actually dying.

Comments

  • @Kungpowa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1093670#Comment_1093670

    We can agree to disagree on the topic. As far as NoEd, in my opinion it absolutely is a bit of a crutch. Whether it stays like it is in game or not I don't really care. As long as it exists though, killer mains are wasting their breath on complaining about decisive strike.

    We can agree to disagree, sure.

    Thankfully, it’s just your opinion.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1094236#Comment_1094236

    We can agree to disagree, sure.

    Thankfully, it’s just your opinion.

    I like finishing arguments like this when people just won't understand logic and numbers

  • the game is balanced around certain speeds and rates. NOED breaks that balance entirely and gives the killer a massive advantage. Its almost a guaranteed activation and it requires little to no strategy. I rarely use it because I also play survivor and have empathy for those that out play the killer for 5 gens and get killed on first hook because of a totem. but for the end game collapse sacrifices RIFT its essential.

  • Noed rewards the killer for not completing their objective before survivors complete 86% of theirs, and 86% is when all generators are done and the two doors still need to be powered to escape. It's just showcasing a killer's lack of confidence in completing their objective rather than being a baby killer perk.

  • @th3 said:

    Noed rewards the killer for not completing their objective before survivors complete 86% of theirs, and 86% is when all generators are done and the two doors still need to be powered to escape. It's just showcasing a killer's lack of confidence in completing their objective rather than being a baby killer perk.

    So... If I already have a 3k, hatch spawns, I close it and down the survivor opening a gate with 3 lights already, that's a "reward for not completing my objective?

    Let me tell you another example, I open gates as Freddy, down one guy, hook, Blood Warden activates, and the carnage begins, it's usually a 4k for me. That's rewarding me for not completting my objective? Even when I clearly have an end game build with Rancor, NOED and BW?

  • It's a second chance perk like DS, adrenaline, etc...that can be countered before it even activates. God forbid giving killers 2nd chance perks.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1120314#Comment_1120314

    So... If I already have a 3k, hatch spawns, I close it and down the survivor opening a gate with 3 lights already, that's a "reward for not completing my objective?

    Let me tell you another example, I open gates as Freddy, down one guy, hook, Blood Warden activates, and the carnage begins, it's usually a 4k for me. That's rewarding me for not completting my objective? Even when I clearly have an end game build with Rancor, NOED and BW?

    I'm referring more to killers who rely on it overabundantly, more than other perks like blood warden. Overall it just feels irritating when the killer plays like trash the whole game and then manages to rely on their noed to apply pressure near the endgame while relying solely on that insta down perk.

  • Noed is why I run small game. It takes me about two minutes to go around the map and cleanse. I'll never truly understand why it's so hard to some people.

    Sadly, I feel most survivors are too set in the ways of doing gens and not using non-meta perks. That, and it's probably because they get punished for doing what they believe is their only objective. Can see why someone would be annoyed.

    There's also the fact it's used often by newer killers, typically because they haven't unlocked any other perks yet, so it's a sort of stereotype in a way, "Noed is only run by baby killers." Not gonna lie, I honestly associate it with beginner killers and tend to shy away from the perk even though I know that the perk itself is fine.

1 2 ›