How could we make nurse easier to learn

I’m a nurse main and I’m still learning her but it begs the question, how can she be made easier to learn?

Tagged: DevMod

Comments

  • Only give her the cooldown when she uses her blinks while in a chase. It wouldn't make her easier to learn but getting round the map would be a bit more fun again, since nobody uses both blinks to travel across the map anymore.

  • Every character has some sort of learning curve. Luckily for Nurse, her curve is mostly just learning how to control her blinks: understanding how far they go, how to adjust their angle, etc. After that, it's mostly just predicting survivors, which comes more so from game knowledge rather than mechanical skill on Nurse.

    The problem with learning Nurse is that she relies entirely on her power, since she normally moves slower than survivors. This can make it feel discouraging to play her and to keep practicing, since you'll more often than not have difficult matches while learning her.

    I like that some characters take more practice than others to get good at them. It's something to work towards. I played Huntress exclusively for weeks after her release, and I still wouldn't say I've ever been good at her. Nurse's learning curve is just a few bad games as you get the hang of her blinks, and then smooth sailing into the fun part - predicting survivors - after that.

  • We fix her plethora of bugs that the devs are either unwilling or unable to actually fix for good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    By not giving her a cooldown to go with her cooldown.

    ^ This. For god's sake, this.

  • Also, that add on that used to show where your blink would end.. I forget if that's still a thing, but make that basekit and it'd be much easier

    but agreed with everyone on the fatigue + cooldown, it's pretty garbage to be penalized twice if someone Dead Hard-s you

  • There is still that addon to show where she lands. That's how I learned it. It also shows the details on how it decides where she'll go if the current target is inside something: at the last known valid location. It's not like wards in LoL where it takes the nearest valid location.