What if matchmaking was taking actual experience in consideration?
It seems like a lot of killer players, me included, are only facing survivors corresponding to their level one game out of ten. I am playing this game since only three months now, and I will play against full red ranks prestige survivors playing the game since the beginning. I get that there is a learning curve, but there is no time for a new killer to experience or learn, as the time required to just understand how to use a power or a perk, everyone is already butt dancing at the exit gates. And this goes not for just one trial but several. So I do understand that I need to practice in order to match those survivors level of skills, but by doing so with survivors matching my actual level would be way more fun, and only fair.
I am asking to the survivors at the end chat recently for how many hours they have been playing this game. From all the ones that agreed to answer, the one closer from me has still more than the double of hours of experience. Or I get, after struggling so hard and fail so hard too, "the real question is how are you a Rank 5 Killer?". That might be a good question, even though I think that "How I am even playing against you?" is a better one (a full red rank SWF team).
I had this idea about matchmaking. Along with location and time required in queue, why not still calculating fairness (opponent/teamates skills) by their ranks, but to calculate it in priority by the time spent on the game? A rank 1 survivor could have 100 hours of experience as the same as 3000 hours. Maybe there is a flaw to this idea I'm not seeing, but I can't stop thinking now that it would be way better for everyone and every side.
Comments
That is the new matchmaking system, behavior is working on, what you describe.
Oh really? I did not know ^^ sorry for this post then and thanks for the answer. I can't wait for this new system.