Question for PS4 players

I wanted to ask here before I posted on the bug/glitch boards and see if anyone knew what I was talking about. This happened to me several times, usually in basement,but once otherwise.

The killer will start taking me to the hook (usually basement as I mentioned),I completely fill the struggle bar,there's like a split second delay...and then I get hooked. It's made me furious every time.

I don't know if it's an issue between killer and survivor latency or what. I was thinking maybe on the killers screen they get the prompt right before the bar hits Max and it cancels it? Or maybe there's a few second delay before you actually get out of the grasp? Thing is I never noticed it if there was.

I don't want to report something that's a feature or my mistake,but it's frustrating. The bar is clearly full when it happens.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • This has been the case for a long time, I've experienced it a lot myself (it's not platform-specific). I believe it's both a latency and a UI thing.

    Latency, because as you said there's only a split second between "filling the bar" and being hooked, and even 100 or so ping will be more than enough delay for that to be possible.

    And UI, because the bar isn't extremely accurate, it doesn't have numbers on it or anything like that, so it's possible that you only filled it to 99% or so before getting hooked. Visually, it can look like the bar was full, even when technically, it wasn't.

    It's also worth bearing in mind that killers don't have to be in position for a hook in order to get the prompt, so they may well have received the prompt before you saw them hook you, even disregarding latency.

  • @Fibijean said:

    This has been the case for a long time, I've experienced it a lot myself (it's not platform-specific). I believe it's both a latency and a UI thing.

    Latency, because as you said there's only a split second between "filling the bar" and being hooked, and even 100 or so ping will be more than enough delay for that to be possible.

    And UI, because the bar isn't extremely accurate, it doesn't have numbers on it or anything like that, so it's possible that you only filled it to 99% or so before getting hooked. Visually, it can look like the bar was full, even when technically, it wasn't.

    It's also worth bearing in mind that killers don't have to be in position for a hook in order to get the prompt, so they may well have received the prompt before you saw them hook you, even disregarding latency.

    Thank you. I appreciate the thorough explanation. Makes a lot of sense. Still frustrating. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one or something lol.

  • @kazakun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076531#Comment_1076531

    Thank you. I appreciate the thorough explanation. Makes a lot of sense. Still frustrating. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one or something lol.

    Yeah, I understand how you feel. But don't worry, it's definitely not just you!