How should a killer handle disconnects?
So I'm relatively new having got the game a week or so ago and just had an...interesting back and forth with a survivor I killed when two people disconnected (and the clowns didn't at least have the decency to do it quick enough to have the game auto-end but early enough that it basically made the game impossible for the survivors as five generators were still needed).
To me, someone is getting screwed by jerks who quit the match (I don't know what the penalty is for disconnects but it's not enough! :D). I as the killer am losing points/rank/items or the survivors who didn't quit are losing points/rank/items. I tend to lean towards letting the survivors go since I find their items are a lot more valuable than mine usually are but then you basically just have to sit around and wait for them to do the generators, wasting everyone's time.
There's probably no right answer to this. I'm just more curious about how other people, survivors and killers, think the "etiquette" should be. Or maybe there is an established etiquette from the player base and someone will just enlighten me :D
Comments
It all depends on timing for me. If someone DC's early, I continue as normal. If two DC early on, I let the survivors just do gens, farm points from me, and let them win. It depends on how screwed over the DC'ers leave the remaining survivors
Yeah, if the Disconnect is 3/4 through and they DC because they got downed, I'd play as normal. This was more for the beginning and for the answer, just kind of assume the remaining survivors got super screwed by it.