What do you consider "toxic" behavior?
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but I don't really understand what people consider toxic behavior anymore. I've been yelled at for "playing toxic" multiple times before, but I legit don't know what I'm doing?
I play both sides equally, and I must say, when survivors are trying to flashlight blind and "be toxic" it actually helps out a lot when I play killer because they're wasting time. Also, flashlight saves are an aspect of the game. Looping is also an aspect of the game, so I can't get angry at survivors for well... trying to survive. Also, some loops like the infinites are just poor game design; I can't blame survivors for using something they've been given.
Using the hatch? I mean, it's part of the game, and it isn't hard to use, so there's really nothing to brag about.
Gen rushing is just poor game design. If a survivor brags about gen rushing, it just makes them look stupid. I mean? Congratz! You can hold M1 like a pro?
Perks? Yeah, I guess some perks are annoying, but again that's just poor, unbalanced game design. Perks are there for players to use.
I guess gloating at a hatch/exit gate can be considered bming because it wastes time and is unnecessary, but honestly I feel like it makes the survivors look stupid?
Teabagging just wastes the survivor's time and decreases distance, so please keep gloating. :D
Also, taunting is a genuine part of the game if you think about it. I've teabagged before to draw the killer's attention away from another survivor, and it usually works 90% of the time. Is it my fault you fell for it?
The only thing I consider genuinely toxic is when people insult each other over post game chat or complain about a player's play-style. Calling people "garbage" or going onto their profile page to leave insulting comments is definitely uncalled for, and in my opinion, it's a complete waste of time that makes the offending parties look like 5 year old children. It's especially stupid when people gloat or insult, and the matchmaking isn't even balanced.
Yelling at a killer for them not giving you the hatch is completely stupid. The killer has zero reason to give you the hatch.
I guess it's annoying when i'm trying to finish an impossible archive mission, but the other team doesn't want to farm. But people are here to play the game, so I can't blame them?
Yeah, maybe camping or tunneling is annoying when you play as survivor, but it's a legit play-style and it happens. Sure it shortens my game, but I'll just move on to the next? If I get face-camped by a Bubba, I'm pretty sure everyone knows this is just a meme by now. I wish I could finger gun on the hook to appreciate the meme.
When a killer continuously hits me on the hook, I honestly feel empowered. It means I played so well that the killer wants me gone immediately because I was carrying the team. Also, it alerts other players that I'm being camped because I'm so good, and I am essentially their Jesus.
I've definitely seen survivors being more toxic to solo survivors than killers by purposefully ruining their game play experience via sandbagging, first hook-last hooking, and body-blocking.
I remember way back in 2016, holding the game hostage was incredibly common. I was scared to play killer because of it, but thankfully survivors can't do it anymore. Back then it was so easy to bully the killer by getting rid of hooks to hold the game hostage or leaving the gates open to sneak around.
I remember my first game as a rank 20 killer during 2016... full SWF of claudettes with botany, leader, and purple medkits. They kept healing themselves at the exit gate for 15 minutes straight. Every time I hit one, they'd heal up by the time I was done wiping my blade. Eventually, I D/Ced.
Idk, I'm just wondering what people consider genuine toxicity nowadays because, as a killer/survivor player, I've been constantly called out for playing toxic... when I'm just... playing?
Comments
what i only consider toxic is having the endgame chat.
With what i have been called and said to, Its hilarious
Toxic is being toxic. ######### talking, t bagging, being a dick. As far as just using ######### in the game the only toxic thing is face camping for no reason, but even face camping and tunneling and keys and body blocking and all that, that ######### may be stupid but its in the game, that's the game being toxic not the person playing because people gonna do what they gonna do, the hatch is a free win yeah.....imma take it tho why the ######### wouldn't I? All your teammates DCd and you want me to let you go? no. Most the time I do actually
Ill be honest, I didn't read all your post so im probably gonna look like a dumbass if you already talked about the ######### I talked about but right now im doing other things you know
The only thing I consider Toxic is lobby dodging killers, campers and tunnlers.
We survivors wait 30+min for a match and to get dodged or camped?