Why the fight between Killers and Survivors?
I just don't understand. why so much hate to one another?
We are all in the same game.
As long as everyone have fun the game is good.
If the other side need some buff on something just accept that, for example I'm a survivor main and I think that for some reason people don't play killers that much. We must understand why and try to fix that.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Because people like to argue and complain. This is just human beings being human.
My idea of fun, your idea of fun, and other people’s ideas of fun don’t exactly correlate with one another. Some survivors like to play in bully groups where they intentionally piss the killer off. This is fun for survivors, but not fun at all for killers.
On the flip side, some killers like to camp and tunnel survivors into oblivion, as it’s fun for them but not the survivor.
Its nice to see the positive ideology, but people are just going to be trolls.
With survivors in the game, I had very rarley problems. So I can't write much there. Most of my endgame chats are also peacefully.
However that counts not in my opinion for the forums here and on other plattforms.
Massive Killer or Survivor complainments can lead to a massiv nerf, for things you like in dbd and ... that's what gots me in the devils cicle.
Would bhvr just make ordinary nerfs, like many maybe know them from different games, I would see the situation between killers and survivors much more relaxed in the forums.
... But I always know... If the complainments are too much, the changes will be more as hard and thats why I am on the forums how I am - whatever that for the one or other guy means.
The game can really break people down a few bad experiences on either side leads to a salty player
It's largely to do with the nature of the game design. Because of the way survivors and killers are set up with their objectives in direct opposition to one another - both sides' goals in the match can be boiled down to "complete your objective before your opponent completes theirs" - the two are always in direct conflict, and that includes when it comes to balance. Any buff to killers will indirectly (or sometimes even directly) constitute a nerf to survivors, and vice versa. Most people don't want the game to be made harder for them, so they become resistant to change and suspicious of the other side's motives when they make balance suggestions.
It's a silly reason, but that is the reason for the conflict, although I personally agree that the hostility is completely overblown and unjustified.
People are always going to be in a faction. its just human nature to stay with people who you like and despise those who dont see things your way.
There is only fight between only survs and only killer players. And when the balance shift greatly towards one side then middle ground shift to other side and we then have all mighty chaos.
Most people play games with the "expectation to win" since they're spending their hard earned spare time playing said game.
However since you're going against other people in PVP games such as DBD you have to actually "work" for your positive gaming experience.
Working for your gaming experience is something many people do not want even though it's inevitable as the developers of any PVP game have to make it so anyone has a fairly even chance of achieving their primary objective.
That's where people get mad. Some killers/survivors think they aren't given a fair chance resulting in loads of conflicts and discussions.
For me is my fun (I know thats sounds selfish, but why should I lie - it doesn't help for a discussion) the major reason that had wake me up.
Bhvr has taken out a large potion of fun out of my favorit killer. I would have been ok with it, if they would have make a abilitie slower for X %, or Y % lesser damage, or also if they would have give survivors a special perk that would have helped them against my favorit killer (you know... like wow sometimes do it - giving another class another cc or so, so that they are not so weak against class Z), but one of those freaking reworks was too much for me.
Also one of the things that bore me the most at the moment is, that you as a killer always run in the same survivors perks. In my eyes, bhvr would not need too nerf even one of them, but then I would like to see at least more second changes perks and so on for survivors, so that hopefully more survivors choose different perks and you as a killer not always run in the same.
But that are just 2 exampels from me, why it has not always primaly to do with how strong one side is.
I think it's mostly down to negative experiences. If you're playing killer and have a rough game it always sucks. Then you get rude messages and Tbagging at the get to rub salt in the wound. This happens enough and naturally you'll turn bitter towards survivors. Same if you're playing survivor. There's only so many camping, tunneling killers you can stand before it gets to you.