Trapper

So i used to be one of the people who said that trapper should start with all his traps. I take it back.

Last night i got into a game against him. I was first one down after running into one of his traps. Literally 30 seconds ibto the game. He hooked me and somehow trapped 3 spots coming into the hook area. And 1 more at a close pallet that i of course ran into after getting saved thinking i watched him put down 3 traps, chase and hook someone else. Surely he didnt have time to search the map for traps. He did.

It was absolutely insane how much he trapped the area in such a short time.

He only had yellow bag so he started with 2 traps.

A trapper with 6 traps starting out would be absolutely insane.

Just thought id share

Comments

  • Although yes, having 4 traps in one area is hard to counter, that means he has 2 traps throughiut the rest of the map.

    Currently I remain pro start with all traps rather than being negative due to the recent changes to Ruin which was considered a neccesity for him setting traps.

  • @Peanits any idea why we as trappers can't see our traps in close vicinity ? Srsly please could you please suggest a change? 😩

  • I am a rank 1 trapper main, I run basement build with addons to darken traps and bring extra

    As soon as the match starts I go and trap both exit door's levers, then proceed to place a trap in the basement window in shack and one in one of it's entrances, I go to chase survs, bring one in, place a trap on the stairs, another in the other exit of the basement and I just go away, never tunnel, never camp.

    Agitation + Iron Grasp + Make your choice + Blood warden

    3k+ every game at red ranks

  • Insane? No.

    Better? Yes.

    Starting with all traps would be a huge buff to him, but it will not make him better than freddy or billy.


    I still stand by of making the default amount of traps he can carry to be 2, and see where it goes.

    @Biggs said:

    @Peanits any idea why we as trappers can't see our traps in close vicinity ? Srsly please could you please suggest a change? 😩

    You can, you only see the aura if there's something in the way. So no aura = you're looking at it.

    But having the aura 100% of the time would be great.

    @Cheers said:

    Although yes, having 4 traps in one area is hard to counter, that means he has 2 traps throughiut the rest of the map.

    Currently I remain pro start with all traps rather than being negative due to the recent changes to Ruin which was considered a neccesity for him setting traps.

    Not by everyone, I didn't use ruin on him before and still don't do it now.

    Starting with all his traps is something that needs testing...